Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

TheSmalltalkBlog
Open-minded Seasiders might want to read:
- several new proposals to improve Seaside
- discussions of Smalltalk design principles
- psychological founded critiques of the Seaside community
- Ajax requests without callbacks
- English as a difficult language for most Seasiders
- and why a commentator thinks that "Seaside has been infected with the same amateurish circle-jerk mentality that's corrupted Squeak"
- and why he considers that "this has little to do with national differences and
everything to do with professional vs amateur efforts" causing incestuous inbreeding".

on my Seaside and Smalltalk blog

P.S. Beware: Truth causes pain.

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Igor Stasenko
2009/5/6 Peter Jedermann <[hidden email]>:

> Open-minded Seasiders might want to read:
> - several new proposals to improve Seaside
> - discussions of Smalltalk design principles
> - psychological founded critiques of the Seaside community
> - Ajax requests without callbacks
> - English as a difficult language for most Seasiders
> - and why a commentator thinks that "Seaside has been infected with the same
> amateurish circle-jerk mentality that's corrupted Squeak"
> - and why he considers that "this has little to do with national differences
> and everything to do with professional vs amateur efforts" causing
> incestuous inbreeding".

Seems like you now vent to the field of sociology extrapolating
theories on Seaside community.
If you think this will help you to be heard here - i wish you Good Luck.
But i suspecting, that amateurs in programming is likely know even
less about sociology :)

> on my Seaside and Smalltalk blog
>
> P.S. Beware: Truth causes pain.
>

> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit allen:
> http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Igor,

it seems the trollbot has now booted ObsessionOS 2.0.

Best,

Michael

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Lorenzo

    Hi Peter,

    I am sorry that I am not English native speaker, so I am not sure to use the right words, but I suppose that you are confusing unpoliteness with your declared "politically incorrectness"; why don't you develop yourself a new Seaside, if it so bad?

Ciao

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Bernat Romagosa
Why don't you just write all those improvements instead of writing about why should they be done? With all the energy you're spending on your blog you'd probably have forked a new framework derived from Seaside already. Besides, if I remember well, you're that guy using a very (very, VERY) obsolete version of Seaside and complaining about it. The way I see it, you got only a couple of choices:

a. Upgrade your version, you'd be amazed how big something can grow in like 5 years...
b. Still don't like the new version? Improve it.
c. Think your improvements would have to change the way Seaside works way too much? Fork it.
d. Too lazy for any of the above? Don't use it.

BTW I like the pedantry of your blog, beginning with its very name: THE Smalltalk Blog. Good luck with your solo war against «life, the universe and everything». Thank god google invented this smart "Silence it" feature!

Bernat.

--
O HAI I'M IN UR FOOTER SIGNATURING UR MAILZ

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Lorenzo,

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>     Hi Peter,

the trollbot's name is *not* Peter. "Peter Jedermann" is the German
version of "John Doe".

scnr,

Michael

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Lorenzo
Thanks Michael; in any way, I hope that the "smart guy" will understand he
is not so smart! And not even "politically incorrect" but only stupid!

Cheers
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Peter,

the trollbot's name is *not* Peter. "Peter Jedermann" is the German
version of "John Doe".

scnr,

Michael

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality? @Bernat

TheSmalltalkBlog
All wrong Bernat:

1) We are using 2.8, just one behind the current. With too many bug fixes in our code to move onto 2.9 easily. Little gain, too.

2) "Improve it."
We have and still do. More here.

3) "instead of writing about why should they be done"
Because ignorant "gods of Seaside" like Bryant, Renggli, Sastre et al are unwilling to acknowledge that their undocumented cryptic and poorly object-oriented style pissed many people off - me being the only one to publish the truth that many others had to  encounter before.

4) you like the pedantry of my blog?!
Fine!
You will get much more - just to warn newbies of the darker sides of Seaside and mabe wake up those ignorant "gods of Seaside" by the time my crititcs hurt too much. Expect more from me....!

There could be more but most is on my blog already.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:20:52 +0200
Von: AxiNat <[hidden email]>
An: Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>

[...]

Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Michael Niessner
Peter is a genius.
Peter likes fishsticks.
Peter likes putting fishsticks in his mouth.
Peter doesn't understand why people keep calling him a gay fish.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Haupt" <[hidden email]>

Re: Suffers Seaside from amateurish circle-jerk mentality?

Victor-67
Hi Michael,

My impression is that using gay bashing as an insult is both irrelevant and off-topic.

Victor