Suggestion Note:

S Krish
Should raise this as a separate artifact and probably send out my fixes ( currently these are hacks).

Many of the other logics do not work as per standard practices... from other comp usage.. windows/ linux..

* FileOut is silent and saves to the resources folder ... no chance of intervention while it goes out.. also overwrites silently..
     Simple save/ saveas popup menu would help .. when reqd.
* Image saveAs : only image name is taken.. no folder selection... though one can give a full path in the text editor.
* remember the last navigated path in file open/ save dialogs
* Monticello save is incremental and quickly builds up a huge stack of files.. need to optimize this.. autosave packages marked to a given default single file overwriting it.. reduce multiple mc saves to the minimum when you really need to version a new base.

Oddball issues:

* Morph/ dialog window onClick opens another dialog, sends this parent down right back in the stack of windows.. not just push the new dialog as top window. So when this new dialog closes.. you may have to dig out your old morph back if its gone behind code windows.. etc..

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM, S Krish <[hidden email]> wrote:
No.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
But the interface should bark instead of forgetting a change silently
when we open/close a preference (Oups setting) node...
Does it now ?

Nicolas

2012/1/3 S Krish <[hidden email]>:
> Thats already there..
>
> it does show the highlighted background and also a tip on the text area
> below to accept on cr. But as lazy as we are we do not notice hints obvious
> in the face of habits.
>

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

>>> Yes, I was the first one!!! I remember I have reported the same ;)
>>>

>> A small thought - the field background might be made to change colour
>> during entry until it is accepted by <cr>.

Re: Suggestion Note:

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 4, 2012, at 10:22 AM, S Krish wrote:

> Should raise this as a separate artifact and probably send out my fixes ( currently these are hacks).
>
> Many of the other logics do not work as per standard practices... from other comp usage.. windows/ linux..
>
> * FileOut is silent and saves to the resources folder ... no chance of intervention while it goes out.. also overwrites silently..
>      Simple save/ saveas popup menu would help .. when reqd.
> * Image saveAs : only image name is taken.. no folder selection... though one can give a full path in the text editor.
> * remember the last navigated path in file open/ save dialogs
> * Monticello save is incremental and quickly builds up a huge stack of files.. need to optimize this.. autosave packages marked to a given default single file overwriting it.. reduce multiple mc saves to the minimum when you really need to version a new base.

sign the license
send code
and we will discuss

Re: Suggestion Note:

S Krish
Yes need to do the bits listed here...

Have been fast n engrossed on trying out all of morphic with all it's innards I can gradually get into, stealing time I can between work and using Pharo as training platform for newbie entrants.

Will share that and some more inputs ... Easier to keep working on Pharo than to collect it cohesively and send it out on email. Its been a little addictive actually, playing with morphic and seems good n nice so far. Will push some load tests also over by end of the month

Intact having done a lot in VC++ longer time back, some on VW, VA, java, groovy, VB,  Tool builder support is nice to have like we have in VW but with neater property pages as in VB. But critical is a simple View framework at least as in VA is what I am fumbling around now.

but overall morphic is great fun .... But with some gotcha's i am trying to document through test cases... Should have been the framework to have dished out tablet interfaces....!! In the first place about 15 years back