Suggestion: ToolButton for "Zoom" in the Class Browsers

Suggestion: ToolButton for "Zoom" in the Class Browsers

jtuchel
Hi group,

every time I am editing JavaScript code in VAST browsers (WAFileLibrary subclasses in Seaside), I wish I could zoom into the code editor and get rid of all the panes that make little sense in the context of a JS "file".

While a specialized JS editor for WAFileLibrary methods would be a great addition to VAST (I've discussed this with Seth and John in the past), I don't expect this to be available too soon.

But one tiny thing that would be nice in such situations would be a tool bar button for the zoom/unzoom function, so that I can use the full real estate of a Browser for my JS code...

Joachim

Re: Suggestion: ToolButton for "Zoom" in the Class Browsers

Seth Berman
Hi Joachim,

There is a 'zoom' entry in the context menu of the editor that does this (second from the bottom).  Is this the functionality you are referring to?

-- Seth

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 2:58:27 AM UTC-4, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
Hi group,

every time I am editing JavaScript code in VAST browsers (WAFileLibrary subclasses in Seaside), I wish I could zoom into the code editor and get rid of all the panes that make little sense in the context of a JS "file".

While a specialized JS editor for WAFileLibrary methods would be a great addition to VAST (I've discussed this with Seth and John in the past), I don't expect this to be available too soon.

But one tiny thing that would be nice in such situations would be a tool bar button for the zoom/unzoom function, so that I can use the full real estate of a Browser for my JS code...

Joachim

Re: Suggestion: ToolButton for "Zoom" in the Class Browsers

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 9:25:07 AM UTC-7, Seth Berman wrote:
Hi Joachim,

There is a 'zoom' entry in the context menu of the editor that does this (second from the bottom).  Is this the functionality you are referring to?

Beautiful!

Thanks for pointing out that feature.

-- Seth

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 2:58:27 AM UTC-4, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
Hi group,

every time I am editing JavaScript code in VAST browsers (WAFileLibrary subclasses in Seaside), I wish I could zoom into the code editor and get rid of all the panes that make little sense in the context of a JS "file".

While a specialized JS editor for WAFileLibrary methods would be a great addition to VAST (I've discussed this with Seth and John in the past), I don't expect this to be available too soon.

But one tiny thing that would be nice in such situations would be a tool bar button for the zoom/unzoom function, so that I can use the full real estate of a Browser for my JS code...

Joachim

Re: Suggestion: ToolButton for "Zoom" in the Class Browsers

jtuchel
HI Seth

That is what I'm using. In this special case I seem to be disturbed a lot by having to use the context menu. Can't explain why. The best option for my taste would be a button right above the editor pane, next to the tabs. Not sure if that would make sense to anybody else than myself.

Misusing my own thread I'd like to add some thought I've had for a while:

Wouldn't it make sense to add a universal tool bar to editor panes? In a class or hierarchy browser the tool bar is very far away from the code, at least I think so. Maybe there should be separate tool bars: one at the top for class or hierarchy specific actions and one in the code pane that offers text or code related actions...

For now, this is only a thought I'd like to discuss with other users...