Suggestion: small change to glamour...

EstebanLM
To enhance the look&feel in dark theme, I suggest to change renderAction like that:

renderAction: anAction
^(UITheme current
newButtonIn: nil
for: anAction
getState: nil
action: #morphicActOn:
arguments: {}
getEnabled: nil
label: (AlphaImageMorph new image: anAction icon)
help: (anAction title, Character tab asString, anAction shortcutAsString) trimBoth)
valueOfProperty: #noBorder ifAbsentPut: [true]; "this is a hack to tell the GLMUITheme to not draw the border and the fill"
valueOfProperty: #noFill ifAbsentPut: [true];
setProperty: #wantsKeyboardFocusNavigation toValue: false; "to disable the focus"
borderWidth: 0;
yourself

basically, just add #borderWidth: 0. It will remove the border (invisible in the regular theme), and then dark theme will behave the same… and it will look a lot better:

before:

after:

cheers,
Esteban

ps: yes, we still need to play with the icons, but this small step is anyway needed :)

Re: Suggestion: small change to glamour...

Andrei Chis
Seems ok :)
Did you already commit the change or shell I do it?

Cheers,
Andrei

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: Invoking "Save as..." from a browser.

EstebanLM
committing now :)

On 18 Oct 2014, at 02:40, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<before.png>

after:

<after.png>

cheers,
Esteban

ps: yes, we still need to play with the icons, but this small step is anyway needed :)

Re: Invoking "Save as..." from a browser.

Stephan Eggermont-3
Andrei wrote:
>In Glamour a presentation does not know about it's parent so what you want to do might not be possible.
>Now, it's not very clear for me what you are trying to do. Is the code available somewhere?

The standard solution we use in Seaside is to sent an announcement in the child, and subscribe in
the parent. In a Glamour context you'd have the browser subscribe to the event. In the announcement
you can then provide the information the browser needs to do the right thing.

Stephan