Suggestions for ViewComposer copy/paste

1 message Options

Suggestions for ViewComposer copy/paste

Bill Schwab
Hi Andy,

Re the ViewComposer's copy/paste feature, how hard would it be to add a
palette of recent objects?  As an example, I had to add a few buttons to a
view with a framing layout, and ended up jumping around a lot to "go back
for" the command/constraints/button objects.  On rare occaisions I'm clever
enough to open a second VC to reduce the navigation, but, it doesn't
eliminate it, and the second view increases my risk of stupidly overwriting
changes.  With hindsight, I could have built the view in question using
fewer steps by copying in the correct order, but, since I didn't know what I
was going to end up with when I finished, there wasn't an easy way to plan
for it (sometimes there is).

Squeak has a "default" paste command which pastes the most recently copied
text, and there's some kind paste-special (perhaps named something else)
that shows a list of recently copied strings.  In the VC, it might be nice
to have analogous commands, but, also a palette something like the current
toolbox.  It might also be nice to be able to drag from the palette, and to
have a button to clear it.

Have a good one,

Bill

--