Suitable smalltalk?

Syver Enstad-3
A smalltalk that can handle COM both as server and client, and both
running on windows with native widget and as an application
server. Should do web services too.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad

Re: Suitable smalltalk?

Syver Enstad-3
Syver Enstad <[hidden email]> writes:

> A smalltalk that can handle COM both as server and client, and both
> running on windows with native widget and as an application
> server. Should do web services too.

One more thing, if this Smalltalk could be Dolphin, why should it be
Dolphin and not f.ex. Visual Age Smalltalk?

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad

Re: Suitable smalltalk?

Jerry Bell
Dolphin should do what you want: COM server and client support and
native widgets are part of the base system, and web services are
available through the very excellent (and free!) Spray webservice
toolkit (see http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/spray/index.html
)

Jerry Bell

Syver Enstad <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...
> A smalltalk that can handle COM both as server and client, and both
> running on windows with native widget and as an application
> server. Should do web services too.

Re: Suitable smalltalk?

Syver Enstad-3
Is Spray industrial strength yet?

[hidden email] (Jerry Bell) writes:

> Dolphin should do what you want: COM server and client support and
> native widgets are part of the base system, and web services are
> available through the very excellent (and free!) Spray webservice
> toolkit (see http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/spray/index.html
>
> )
>
> Jerry Bell
>

> Syver Enstad <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:<[hidden email]>...
>
> > A smalltalk that can handle COM both as server and client, and both
> > running on windows with native widget and as an application
> > server. Should do web services too.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad

Re: Suitable smalltalk?

Steve Alan Waring
Syver Enstad wrote:
> Is Spray industrial strength yet?

Hi Syver,

No, the current release of Spray is a beta version.

I may do a third beta version, but I am planning on waiting for the WSDL 1.2
specification to be finished before looking at it. I would also like to
remove support for SOAP1.1 soap-encoding, as this would reduce the size and
complexity of Spray. When I wrote Spray, most web-services were
soap-encoding style, however .NET changed this, and most web-services are
now using the document style. IMO the quicker soap-encoding disappears, the
better.

Thanks,
Steve

--