Summary e-mail distribution

Michael Haupt-3
Dear News team,

in the light of the recent razzmatazz on the Seaside list, I would
like to propose that we restrict the default distribution of Weekly
Squeak Summary e-mails to the announcements, squeak-dev and beginners
lists.

We could think about something like target-specific Summaries, e.g., a
collection of all Seaside-related news items posted to the Seaside
list, VM-related news to vm-dev, and so forth. I would think of this
as a service from the News team to the various (sub-)communities, but
I am unsure whether this would be regarded as unsolicited albeit
on-topic noise.

Best,

Michael

Re: Summary e-mail distribution

Klaus D. Witzel
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:33:43 +0100, Michael Haupt wrote:

> Dear News team,
>
> in the light of the recent razzmatazz on the Seaside list, I would
> like to propose that we restrict the default distribution of Weekly
> Squeak Summary e-mails to the announcements, squeak-dev and beginners
> lists.
>
> We could think about something like target-specific Summaries, e.g., a
> collection of all Seaside-related news items posted to the Seaside
> list, VM-related news to vm-dev, and so forth. I would think of this
> as a service from the News team to the various (sub-)communities, but
> I am unsure whether this would be regarded as unsolicited albeit
> on-topic noise.

How about mentioning the respective related-but-other-target specific,
most recent link(s) on the (sub-)community distribution, as if they'd
belong to the famous a.o.b. item list.

/Klaus