Support for XML DOM, SOAP and DBs

GLASS mailing list
Hello, has Gemstone support for:

1) XML DOM parser with XPath?

2) Full SOAP WebServices support (consuming and producing)?

3) Other databases than Oracle? (DB2, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)?

Thanks! pf

Re: Support for XML DOM, SOAP and DBs

BrunoBB
Hi,

1) There is a XPath package that i use in my system.
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLParser/main
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XPath/main

Here is how to use it with a github project (check "XMLParser" & "XPath"):
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/blob/master/repository/BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer.package/BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer.class/instance/baseline..st

3) For MySql  i use System performOnServer: 'mysql -u <user> -pmypassword -e "select * from schema.table"'

If the database accept sql queries from command line the you can use System performOnSever:
Of course is not a cursor but it does the job.
I know there is a package for Oracle and DB2 i think.

regards,
bruno

Re: Support for XML DOM, SOAP and DBs

GLASS mailing list

Regarding this way of doing it: be aware, that ALL external applications you start from Gemstone/S are bounded to the CPU/Thread-ID Gemstone/S is bount itself (e.g. first two cores) - even if you have eight cores.

Due to this "limitation" I start service processes always externally to Gemstone and they communicate via sockets (raw ip or 0MQ) and they get their working command via network. So I can use all available cores.

Marten

BrunoBB via Glass <[hidden email]> hat am 28. Juni 2017 um 13:42 geschrieben: