Supported operating systems by product version

Supported operating systems by product version

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Is there a page which enumerates the supported operating systems for each publicly available version of VA Smalltalk?

For example, is Windows 10 considered a supported OS for VA 8.5.2?

Re: Supported operating systems by product version

John O'Keefe-3
Richard -

You can look at our System Requirements page (http://www.instantiations.com/docs/sysreq/SystemRequirements862.htm) for this information. The Operating System column shows the first version of VA Smalltalk that was regression tested on a particular OS version. While we expect that VA Smalltalk will run just fine on earlier versions of the OS, we have not necessarily tested it there.

John

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 3:31:41 PM UTC-3, Richard Sargent wrote:
Is there a page which enumerates the supported operating systems for each publicly available version of VA Smalltalk?

For example, is Windows 10 considered a supported OS for VA 8.5.2?

Re: Supported operating systems by product version

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 12:59:57 PM UTC-8, John O'Keefe wrote:
Richard -

You can look at our System Requirements page (<a href="http://www.instantiations.com/docs/sysreq/SystemRequirements862.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2Fdocs%2Fsysreq%2FSystemRequirements862.htm\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGkhWowmlbJTAWe5e5f4DeZjdPoiw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2Fdocs%2Fsysreq%2FSystemRequirements862.htm\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGkhWowmlbJTAWe5e5f4DeZjdPoiw&#39;;return true;">http://www.instantiations.com/docs/sysreq/SystemRequirements862.htm) for this information. The Operating System column shows the first version of VA Smalltalk that was regression tested on a particular OS version. While we expect that VA Smalltalk will run just fine on earlier versions of the OS, we have not necessarily tested it there.

Thanks, John. I had seen that page. However, it was not clear whether you consider 8.5.2 supported when running it on a Windows 10 system. (I can't imagine you want to continue supporting old versions of your software on newer platforms any more than I do.)