Swazoo 2.2beta show impressive performance for large file uploading

Swazoo 2.2beta show impressive performance for large file uploading

Chun, Sungjin
Hi,

I've performed test with several file sizes  from 10MB to 500MB and Swazoo 2.2 beta
show impressive performance in Windows. Even better thing is that during upload
previous version takes all CPU and I even cannot move mouse fast but this time
though slow, there's almost no problem with working with other applications.

Thanks. I'll test with more bigger files, ie., several GB sized files.

Re: Swazoo 2.2beta show impressive performance for large file uploading

Chun, Sungjin
Hi,

with GB sized files, the performance also is impressive. I've tested with 3.5GB file.
I've not tested with > 4GB files.

Re: Swazoo 2.2beta show impressive performance for large file uploading

Janko Mivšek
Hi S.J.Chun,

S.J.Chun wrote:

> I've performed test with several file sizes  from 10MB to 500MB and Swazoo 2.2 beta
> show impressive performance in Windows. Even better thing is that during upload
> previous version takes all CPU and I even cannot move mouse fast but this time
> though slow, there's almost no problem with working with other applications.

Nice to hear that! Can you also try to upload several files
simultaneously and measure the performance and image responsiveness?

If it won't go, try to add process yield in main loop, so that other
processes will get a chance to run:

HTTPPost>>blockStreamingFrom:to:until:

   [nrOfBoundary := 0.
   [nrOfBoundary = 0] whileTrue:
     [nrOfBoundary := aSwazooStream readBuffer signsOfBoundary: boundary.
      nrOfBoundary = 0 ifTrue: "no boundary in current buffer content"
         [contents := aSwazooStream readBuffer readContents.
          outStream nextPutAll: contents.
          self incReadPosition: contents size.
          aSwazooStream fillBuffer.
         Processor activeProcess yield] ].

Look also how big impact on performance has otherwise that yield.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Swazoo 2.2beta show impressive performance for large file uploading

Chun, Sungjin

I found some wierd thing. I'm testing Squeak + Swazoo on Windows Vista(I'm using Laptop).
Previous test was done with 802.11g wireless network and at that case uploading a file does
not prevent my laptop from being unusable unresponsive state(with single upload session).
But with wired, faster network connection (100Mbit/sec), even single upload session makes
my laptop unresponsive. Your Processor activeProcess yield does make error in my image and
I changed it as Processor yield. But this also does not help.

With wireless slower network connection, 2 upload session makes my laptop unresponsive.
My laptop uses core solo 1.33 GHz CPU with 1.8 inch slow hard disk.

In summary.

1. With slow network connection attached to my laptop, single file upload session does not
make problem(ie., does not make my laptop unresponsive). File upload was performed from
other laptop.

2. With faster network connection, single file upload session makes my laptop unresponsive.
(File upload was performed from other laptop)

Does this related with Swazoo + Squeak or my hardware problem?

Thanks in advance.