Swazoo and Dolphin 6.0

user
Hi,

Does anyone in the D6 beta group know if Swazoo (specifically Steve Waring's port) works with D6. I'm a new Dolphiner
and I was thinking of starting a project using Swazoo - but with D6 round the corner I don't want to put myself in a
position where I won't be able to upgrade.

Also, whilst I'm writing, Sean Malloy talked about being part of the way through porting Seaside on his site. Any news ....

Thanks,

Rob Lally

Re: Swazoo and Dolphin 6.0

Christopher J. Demers
<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:42e547b7$0$24508$[hidden email]...

> Does anyone in the D6 beta group know if Swazoo (specifically Steve
> Waring's port) works with D6. I'm a new Dolphiner and I was thinking of
> starting a project using Swazoo - but with D6 round the corner I don't
> want to put myself in a position where I won't be able to upgrade.

Yes, Steve Waring's Swazoo seems to work with the Dolphin 6 beta.  In fact
it came pre-installed with it.  I have been using it for the past few months
with no problems (however it is on a very simple low traffic site).

Chris

Re: Swazoo and Dolphin 6.0

user
Christopher J. Demers wrote:

> <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:42e547b7$0$24508$[hidden email]...
>
>>Does anyone in the D6 beta group know if Swazoo (specifically Steve
>>Waring's port) works with D6. I'm a new Dolphiner and I was thinking of
>>starting a project using Swazoo - but with D6 round the corner I don't
>>want to put myself in a position where I won't be able to upgrade.
>

> Yes, Steve Waring's Swazoo seems to work with the Dolphin 6 beta.  In fact
> it came pre-installed with it.  I have been using it for the past few months
> with no problems (however it is on a very simple low traffic site).
>
> Chris

That is good news. The application I have in mind will probably have a user base of 1 (me) so I'm not put off by the
lack of high volume testing.

Thanks,

R.

Re: Swazoo and Dolphin 6.0

Andy Bower-3
Rob,

> Does anyone in the D6 beta group know if Swazoo (specifically Steve
> Waring's port) works with D6. I'm a new Dolphiner and I was thinking
> of starting a project using Swazoo - but with D6 round the corner I
> don't want to put myself in a position where I won't be able to
> upgrade.

D6 does run Swazoo fine. In fact it's probably a bit better than the D5
version since we now use the D6 overlapping Sockets rather than the
older asynchronous Sockets Connection that is in D5.

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Swazoo and Dolphin 6.0

Rob Lally
Andy Bower wrote:

> Rob,
>

>>Does anyone in the D6 beta group know if Swazoo (specifically Steve
>>Waring's port) works with D6. I'm a new Dolphiner and I was thinking
>>of starting a project using Swazoo - but with D6 round the corner I
>>don't want to put myself in a position where I won't be able to
>>upgrade.
>

> D6 does run Swazoo fine. In fact it's probably a bit better than the D5
> version since we now use the D6 overlapping Sockets rather than the
> older asynchronous Sockets Connection that is in D5.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Rob.