Swazoo and HTTPS?

Philippe Marschall
Hi

As part of a recent thread on seaside-dev: does Swazoo support HTTPS?
If so how can I find out whether a request was made over HTTPS?
HTTPRequest >> #isEncrypted?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Swazoo and HTTPS?

Janko Mivšek
Philippe Marschall pravi:

> As part of a recent thread on seaside-dev: does Swazoo support HTTPS?
> If so how can I find out whether a request was made over HTTPS?
> HTTPRequest >> #isEncrypted?

Currently it doesn't support HTTPS, but it supported back in 1.0 days
and only on VW.

On public Store there is Swazoo-SSL bundle and accompanying OpenSSL one
with a FFI to the OpenSSL library.

It would be of course very nice to bring that back to life and to other
Smalltalks like Squeak too.

Best regards
Janko

Re: Swazoo and HTTPS?

Bruce Badger
Philippe,

With Hyper we took the view that we would let existing tools take the
HTTPS strain via http unbundling.  For example, Squid can do this when
used as a reverse proxy (accelerator):

  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/https_port.html

All the best,
    Bruce