Swazoo in OpenShift

garduino
Hi Guys:

Some days ago I asked on irc some advices about Swazoo because I can't make it work in OpenShift (The RedHat PaaS cloud solution).

Now, I want to share here the problem, it was that Swazoo seems to ignore the ip address specified at startup and bind to all interfaces (0.0.0.0).

And that binding to all network interfaces is not allowed on OpenShift [for security reasons], the only allowed IP address is OPENSHIFT_INTERNAL_IP.

¿Anyone can suggest some solution?

Thanks.

Re: Swazoo in OpenShift

Janko Mivšek
Hi German,

Swazoo creates and starts new site on all interfaces (IP numbers +
localhost) by default. To specify on which IP to run you should:

1. SwazooServer stop
2. HTTPServer allInstances do: [:each | each stop] "to be sure"
3. "your" aSwazooSite ip: '192.168.1.2' "that is, OPENSHIFT_INTERNAL_IP"
4. SwazooServer start

Best regards
Janko

Dne 30. 04. 2012 01:08, piše garduino:

> Hi Guys:
>
> Some days ago I asked on irc some advices about Swazoo because I can't make
> it work in OpenShift (The RedHat PaaS cloud solution).
>
> Now, I want to share here the problem, it was that Swazoo seems to ignore
> the ip address specified at startup and bind to all interfaces (0.0.0.0).
>
> And that binding to all network interfaces is not allowed on OpenShift [for
> security reasons], the only allowed IP address is OPENSHIFT_INTERNAL_IP.
>
> ¿Anyone can suggest some solution?
>
> Thanks.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Swazoo in OpenShift

garduino
Thanks for the explanation Janko, I will try asap.

Cheers.