Syntax error loading Coral

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

 I tried to load Coral in the latest dev image using ScriptLoader and I got a syntax error in "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8 problem.
 Any ideas for a solution ?

#Luc

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Stéphane Ducasse
> Hi all,
>
>  I tried to load Coral in the latest dev image using ScriptLoader
> and I got a syntax error in
> "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> problem.
>  Any ideas for a solution ?

Not right  on top of my head but this is cool that you tried it. I
want to write pharo scripts
to rename my iPhoto pictures and lot more.

> #Luc

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Mariano Martinez Peck
pharo scripts to rename iPhoto pictures???

2009/6/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
pharo scripts to rename iPhoto pictures???

Writing scripts using Pharo (instead of Bash, Ruby,...)  is the objective of Coral.
So, Coral could be used to rename files in the future.

2009/6/9 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>
2009/6/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

pharo scripts to rename iPhoto pictures???

Writing scripts using Pharo (instead of Bash, Ruby,...)  is the objective of Coral.
So, Coral could be used to rename files in the future.

wow!  Is somewhere documentation or information I can read about ?

Thanks!

Mariano

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I tried to load Coral in the latest dev image using ScriptLoader
> and I got a syntax error in
> "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> problem.
>  Any ideas for a solution ?

Not right  on top of my head but this is cool that you tried it. I
want to write pharo scripts
to rename my iPhoto pictures and lot more.

> #Luc

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Alexandre Bergel
As far as I am aware of, only a small experiment was realized in Bern.
Oscar said he will allocate a student on it.

Alexandre

On 9 Jun 2009, at 08:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> 2009/6/9 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>
> 2009/6/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>
> pharo scripts to rename iPhoto pictures???
>
> Writing scripts using Pharo (instead of Bash, Ruby,...)  is the
> objective of Coral.
> So, Coral could be used to rename files in the future.
>
> wow!  Is somewhere documentation or information I can read about ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mariano
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  I tried to load Coral in the latest dev image using ScriptLoader
> > and I got a syntax error in
> > "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> > problem.
> >  Any ideas for a solution ?
>
> Not right  on top of my head but this is cool that you tried it. I
> want to write pharo scripts
> to rename my iPhoto pictures and lot more.
>

> > #Luc

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Oscar Nierstrasz

Yes, it is still on my to-do list.  Have been busy with Pharo By
Example.

- on

On Jun 9, 2009, at 16:04, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> As far as I am aware of, only a small experiment was realized in Bern.
> Oscar said he will allocate a student on it.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 9 Jun 2009, at 08:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> 2009/6/9 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>
>> 2009/6/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>>
>> pharo scripts to rename iPhoto pictures???
>>
>> Writing scripts using Pharo (instead of Bash, Ruby,...)  is the
>> objective of Coral.
>> So, Coral could be used to rename files in the future.
>>
>> wow!  Is somewhere documentation or information I can read about ?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I tried to load Coral in the latest dev image using ScriptLoader
>>> and I got a syntax error in
>>> "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
>>> problem.
>>> Any ideas for a solution ?
>>
>> Not right  on top of my head but this is cool that you tried it. I
>> want to write pharo scripts
>> to rename my iPhoto pictures and lot more.
>>

>>> #Luc

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

luc

> > "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> > problem.
> >  Any ideas for a solution ?

could you repost an email with a clear test showing that it breaks?
like that the UnixProcess father may answer :)

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Luc Fabresse
The package loads now without any error.

luc

2009/6/9 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
luc

> > "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> > problem.
> >  Any ideas for a solution ?

could you repost an email with a clear test showing that it breaks?
like that the UnixProcess father may answer :)

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Stéphane Ducasse
good so the first things to do is to make sure that we can pass
argument.
CodeLoader or Image should have the primitive to get all the arg
passed to the VM.

Stef

On Jun 9, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

> The package loads now without any error.
>
> luc
>
> 2009/6/9 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> luc
>
> > > "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> > > problem.
> > >  Any ideas for a solution ?
>
> could you repost an email with a clear test showing that it breaks?
> like that the UnixProcess father may answer :)
> Stef

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 07:42:57PM +0200, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
> luc
>
> > > "UnixProcess>>argsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets:". I guess it is an UTF-8
> > > problem.
> > >  Any ideas for a solution ?
>
> could you repost an email with a clear test showing that it breaks?
> like that the UnixProcess father may answer :)
> Stef

A test would be great. I know only simple English, so anything more
complex than 5-bit Baudot encoding may have bugs ;-)

Note that UnixProcessAccessorTestCase>>testArgsAsFlatArrayAndOffsets
is a test that documents how the method should behave.

Dave

Re: Syntax error loading Coral

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks david
I also only now simple english (ok with accent because of my first
name) ;-D

Stef