Syslog client

Olivier Auverlot
Hi,

I just released an UDP client for the Syslog network protocol (RFC5424). The product is available on SmalltalkHub.

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

Re: Syslog client

Dmitri Zagidulin
YES! Awesome! :) I was just about to look to see if there was a decent Syslog client for Pharo!

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:46 AM, olivier auverlot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just released an UDP client for the Syslog network protocol (RFC5424). The product is available on SmalltalkHub.

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

Re: Syslog client

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I believe logging to syslog(d) is part of SystemLogger.

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~StephaneDucasse/SystemLogger

See category SystemLogger-SysLogSender

> On 31 Mar 2015, at 15:11, Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> YES! Awesome! :) I was just about to look to see if there was a decent Syslog client for Pharo!
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:46 AM, olivier auverlot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just released an UDP client for the Syslog network protocol (RFC5424). The product is available on SmalltalkHub.
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~olivierauverlot/Syslog
>
> Best regards
> Olivier ;-)

Re: Syslog client

NorbertHartl

> Am 31.03.2015 um 15:15 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>
> I believe logging to syslog(d) is part of SystemLogger.
>
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~StephaneDucasse/SystemLogger
>
> See category SystemLogger-SysLogSender

Yes, it is. I used on a daily base. It does not implement all of the rfc standard but usual stuff is there. I use it like this

AnyClass>>log: aString
        (aString asLog tag: 'event-server') emit

The SystemLogger emits a log object. Setting the tag sets the tag in the syslog protocol. Based on that information the logfiles are filtered on the central server.

It might be worth to have a look at each others code. The SyslogSender in the SystemLogger would be a good fit to utilize another syslog client. The SystemLogger SysLogSender just needs to be a bridge to any cllient.

Norbert