System browser error

dario trussardi
Ciao Dale,

        i work with GemTools * 1.0-beta.8.7 <release>

        Sometime when i work with an GemTools System browser window

        the system erase the error:

                a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'localMethodAt:' -  G/S[MonvisoWorking3102:1]

                                MessageNotUnderstood >> defaultAction (envId 0)
                                AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
                                AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
                                Object >> doesNotUnderstand: (envId 0)
                                Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0)
                                JadeServer >> openDebuggerOn: (envId 0)
                                GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)

        I don't not understand what triggers the problem.

        If i right remember the same error is erase in the hold GemTools  (  1.0-beta.8.3 )

        Dario

Re: System browser error

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

This is an error that occurs when GemTools tries to open a debugger in response an error from the server. The client is sending #'localMethodAt:' to an object that is supposed to represent the GsProcess on the server, but in this case the GsProcess is not defined ...

A clue as to the root cause of this problem can be found be looking at the GciErrSType64 instance that can be found on the client stack. Probably the stack frame above the JadeServer>>openDebuggerOn: ... Inspecting the #tag object in the exception and looking at the #message should provide a clue...

Dale

| i work with GemTools * 1.0-beta.8.7 <release>
|
| Sometime when i work with an GemTools System browser window
|
| the system erase the error:
|
| a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject
| does not understand  #'localMethodAt:' -
| G/S[MonvisoWorking3102:1]
|
| MessageNotUnderstood >> defaultAction (envId 0)
| AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
| AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| Object >> doesNotUnderstand: (envId 0)
| Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> openDebuggerOn: (envId 0)
| GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
|

| I don't not understand what triggers the problem.
|
| If i right remember the same error is erase in the hold GemTools  (
| 1.0-beta.8.3 )
|

| Dario

Re: System browser error

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

After looking at the stack reported by Alejandro, I realized you need to do the following to understand the root cause:

First, select 'Popup on debug' in the Admin menu. Then when you get an error you are provided with a dialog box, choose 'debug squeak stack' to bring up the client side debugger. The look at the stack frame labeled GsProcess>>openDebugger, inspect the #tag object in anException. The #message slot will have the error message and we can go from there.

At this point in time, I think I should be able to write some GemTools code to recognize this condition and provide better error feedback in this condition, but it will take a couple fo days to push out the new code...

Dale

| This is an error that occurs when GemTools tries to open a debugger
| in response an error from the server. The client is sending
| #'localMethodAt:' to an object that is supposed to represent the
| GsProcess on the server, but in this case the GsProcess is not
| defined ...
|
| A clue as to the root cause of this problem can be found be looking
| at the GciErrSType64 instance that can be found on the client stack.
| Probably the stack frame above the JadeServer>>openDebuggerOn: ...
| Inspecting the #tag object in the exception and looking at the
| #message should provide a clue...
|
| Dale

| |
| | Ciao Dale,
| |
| | i work with GemTools * 1.0-beta.8.7 <release>
| |
| | Sometime when i work with an GemTools System browser window
| |
| | the system erase the error:
| |
| | a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject
| | does not understand  #'localMethodAt:' -
| | G/S[MonvisoWorking3102:1]
| |
| | MessageNotUnderstood >> defaultAction (envId 0)
| | AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
| | AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| | Object >> doesNotUnderstand: (envId 0)
| | Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0)
| | JadeServer >> openDebuggerOn: (envId 0)
| | GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
| |
| |
| |
| | I don't not understand what triggers the problem.
| |
| | If i right remember the same error is erase in the hold GemTools
| | (
| | 1.0-beta.8.3 )
| |
| |