SystemLogger in Pharo 5

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
The Catalog has it tagged Pharo5.0, but there is no stable version declared for > Pharo 3
Cheers,
Sean

Re: SystemLogger in Pharo 5

stepharo
Hi Sean

It is stable since then. I do not have the time to look at it now.

I know norbert is using it in production since years.

Stef

Le 8/9/16 à 03:56, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :

> The Catalog has it tagged Pharo5.0, but there is no stable version declared
> for > Pharo 3
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: SystemLogger in Pharo 5

NorbertHartl
Yes, I use it quite a while but only with pharo4.
As we are settling the SystemLogger/Beacon case I started today to build my first project using Beacon instead of SystemLogger. The logger side of Beacon is more or less the stuff from SystemLogger integrated there. With a few more iterations we come up with a stable logger side and then I'd consider SystemLogger deprecated.

Norbert

> Am 08.09.2016 um 09:37 schrieb stepharo <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Sean
>
> It is stable since then. I do not have the time to look at it now.
>
> I know norbert is using it in production since years.
>

> Stef
>

> Le 8/9/16 à 03:56, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :
>> The Catalog has it tagged Pharo5.0, but there is no stable version declared
>> for > Pharo 3
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean

Re: SystemLogger in Pharo 5

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
NorbertHartl wrote
I started today to build my first project using Beacon instead of SystemLogger
That's what I ended up doing as well and it fit my needs nicely. I just loaded the #development version as there is no #stable declared for Pharo 5.0.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: SystemLogger in Pharo 5

NorbertHartl

> Am 08.09.2016 um 14:24 schrieb Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>:
>
> NorbertHartl wrote
>> I started today to build my first project using Beacon instead of
>> SystemLogger
>
> That's what I ended up doing as well and it fit my needs nicely. I just
> loaded the #development version as there is no #stable declared for Pharo
> 5.0.

Since 20 minutes there is :)

Remember to load ConfigurationOfBeacon and not ConfigurationOfBeaconCore. If you loaded the stable before please note that quite some things have changed.

Norbert

Re: SystemLogger in Pharo 5

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator