SystemVersion

Michael Roberts-2
Hi, now that we have multiple branches & image types I want to improve
the publishing of test results. I'm lacking a neat way to get the
image type and branch number. I don't really want to parse the image
file name.

Seems the best thing to use is: SystemVersion current version.  Is
there anything else?

results:
Pharo Core 1.0 --> 'Pharo1.0rc1'
Pharo Core 1.1 --> 'Pharo1.1a
Pharo 1.0 --> 'Pharo1.0rc1'

We could add some state to SystemVersion, e.g #imageType, #branch, or
we agree on a convention for #version that can easily be parsed.

What do you think?

thanks,
Mike

Re: SystemVersion

Stéphane Ducasse
good idea.
Now this class should not be alone in one package.

Stef

On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:17 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> Hi, now that we have multiple branches & image types I want to improve
> the publishing of test results. I'm lacking a neat way to get the
> image type and branch number. I don't really want to parse the image
> file name.
>
> Seems the best thing to use is: SystemVersion current version.  Is
> there anything else?
>
> results:
> Pharo Core 1.0 --> 'Pharo1.0rc1'
> Pharo Core 1.1 --> 'Pharo1.1a
> Pharo 1.0 --> 'Pharo1.0rc1'
>
> We could add some state to SystemVersion, e.g #imageType, #branch, or
> we agree on a convention for #version that can easily be parsed.
>
> What do you think?
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Re: SystemVersion

Michael Roberts-2
> Now this class should not be alone in one package.

do you mean it shouldn't be in System-Support?  Or in a better named
package?  System-Support is a mixed bag of classes.

thanks,
Mike

Re: SystemVersion

Stéphane Ducasse
No I checked  by accident after and this is better than before because it was in SystemVersion packge :)

On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

>> Now this class should not be alone in one package.
>
> do you mean it shouldn't be in System-Support?  Or in a better named
> package?  System-Support is a mixed bag of classes.
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Re: SystemVersion

Michael Roberts-2
ok cool.

before i propose changes, does anyone have any opinion on this mantis
entry copied to our tracker. Damien?

If no one does I suggest to close it.

thanks,
Mike