SystemWindow model methods

Daniel Lyons
Hi,

I'm following the Basic Widgets tutorial in Pharo By Example 2. I see
a couple of neat ways you can control the SystemWindow by passing it a
model. How can I find out in the image all the different things I can
control this way? The tutorial shows initial extent, whether the
window can be closed and the menu items. I'd like to know how to
discover all the other options.

Thanks,

Daniel Lyons

Re: SystemWindow model methods

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
It is not written properly somewhere :S And that's why we started the Basic Widget chapter...

If you wanna know, you have to go through the code of StandardWindow and SystemWindow and look after the references to model

Good luck,

Ben

On May 16, 2012, at 11:23 PM, Daniel Lyons wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm following the Basic Widgets tutorial in Pharo By Example 2. I see
> a couple of neat ways you can control the SystemWindow by passing it a
> model. How can I find out in the image all the different things I can
> control this way? The tutorial shows initial extent, whether the
> window can be closed and the menu items. I'd like to know how to
> discover all the other options.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Daniel Lyons

Re: SystemWindow model methods

Daniel Lyons
I'll take a crack at it. Thanks!

Daniel Lyons

On May 16, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Benjamin wrote:

It is not written properly somewhere :S And that's why we started the Basic Widget chapter...

What's the preferred way to contribute to the book?

--
Daniel Lyons

Re: SystemWindow model methods

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 17, 2012, at 5:52 AM, Daniel Lyons wrote:

> On May 16, 2012, at 6:53 PM, Benjamin wrote:
>
>> It is not written properly somewhere :S And that's why we started the Basic Widget chapter...
>
> What's the preferred way to contribute to the book?

writing chapter
fixing typos
providing text

you can get access to it: just log to the gforge.inria.fr (put rmod as a team) and let us know

On May 17, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

you can get access to it: just log to the gforge.inria.fr (put rmod as a team) and let us know

I have committed a few small changes to the BasicWidgets chapter. I will contribute more as I delve deeper.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Lyons

Re: SystemWindow model methods

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks!

On May 18, 2012, at 7:03 AM, Daniel Lyons wrote:

> On May 17, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> you can get access to it: just log to the gforge.inria.fr (put rmod as a team) and let us know
>
> I have committed a few small changes to the BasicWidgets chapter. I will contribute more as I delve deeper.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Daniel Lyons

Re: SystemWindow model methods

Daniel Lyons
I've added some more text to the BasicWidgets chapter. It could use a
review from someone who actually knows the material. :)

Some of the text I added addressed points raised by others in the
text. I have deleted the comments where I felt they were addressed,
but I feel I should ask: do you want me, in general, to leave the
remarks in and add my own after, or just delete?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Lyons