[TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

12

[TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

marcel.taeumel
Dear Squeakers,

we, the Squeak community, are aiming to do a new release soon.  To ensure as high a quality release as possible we'd like to test it adequately.  This implies testing across all supported platforms, and possibly on some unsupported ones too. :-)  While we have a fairly strong test suite, it does not cover all areas of the system, and not all tests are included such as FFI tests are in its separate package. And of course currently we have about 100 expected failures, 40 unexpected failures, and 10 errors in the base test suite.

So we, the board, would like

  - volunteers to offer to TEST PLATFORMS, different versions of Windows, Raspberry Pi, the many flavors of Linux, etc.  Once we have a release candidate we will want to do a clean install on the platform and then run tests.
  - the community to develop a set of TEST PLANS for testing those parts of the system not tested by the test suite
  - a REVIEW of the test failures and errors. Are any obsolete? Are any platform-specific? Can we triage them into those that are tractable with little effort, those that are tractable with a lot of effort, those that are insoluble, etc...? Of the expected failures, which are due to fixable bugs, fundamental limitations, etc?

So, the data we need to collect includes volunteers, a platform matrix, test plans, and reviews of existing failures and errors.

***

To complement Squeak's automated tests, we want to create a MANUAL TEST PLAN. Such a manual plan can be used by any volunteering Squeaker to put any upcoming release "to the acid test." ;-) As a result, our release process gets more robust, and the final release artifact can become of higher quality.

As a first step, we want YOU to write down some frequent interactions that you do on a regular basis. You know, things like "I do always do this when adding a class" or "I really need this to do my taxes". It may be a keyboard shortcut, a familiar entry in the world menu, or that lovely button in the upper right corner of tool so-and-so. We want to know!

How does it work? Well, we want to guide you a little bit so that things do not get out of hand ... content-wise. ;-) Here are the rules:

1) Give that interaction a name (or title) to express the goal you want to achieve.
2) Briefly describe the starting context. Is the world empty?
3) Divide that interaction into no more than 5 steps so that everybody can click or push his or her way through the Squeak image as quickly as possible.
4) Briefly add some details about the things you should now see or experience.

Here is an example:

GOAL: "I want to calculate 3+4 in Squeak."
CONTEXT: "The world is empty."
STEPS
 - Left click into the world, a menu should appear.
 - Choose "workspace" from the upper items in the menu.
 - A workspace window appears, and I click into it's text area.
 - I type "3+7" and hit [CMD]+[P].
RESULT: "I see a 7."

Our idea is to generalize and summarize the most common interactions into a manual test plan for everybody to play around with and report back to the list. When you create a new test, please send it to the list by replying to this email thread. :-)

Best,
Marcel
(for the Squeak Oversight Board)

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better +1
I start mail with my experiments

On 25/05/2018, 04:21, "Marcel Taeumel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hannes Hirzel
Here is a test case

Use a 3.8.1 image from http://files.squeak.org/3.8/

1. Open the image
2. WorldMenu -> projects ...-> create new morphic project
3. In the project view click on second button top left (window menu)
4. Choose 'change title'
5. Give as title 'TMorphsTest3d8d1'
6. Enter the project
7. Hide flaps
8. Open a workspace
9. Paste the following code into the workspace

"Wiki page 837 -
AlignmentMorph newColumn and TextMorphs example"

| m tm |
m :=AlignmentMorph newColumn cellPositioning: #topLeft.
tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'Heading'.
tm backgroundColor: Color white.
m addMorphBack: tm.
tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'para para'.
tm backgroundColor: Color lightBlue.
m addMorphBack: tm.
tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'para2 para'.
tm backgroundColor: Color lightGray.
m addMorphBack: tm.
m openInHand

"http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/837"

10. Execute the code.
11. Close the workspace
12. WorldMenu --> Projects --> Save project on local file only
13. Click 'save'
14. Close 3.8.1 image
15. Locate the file 'TMorphsTest3d8d1.003.pr' in the 'Squeaklets' subfolder

16. Open Squeak 5.2.alpha image
18. Drop the file 'TMorphsTest3d8d1.003.pr' on to the desktop

EXPECTED RESULT

The project with the three morphs is loaded.

The project is loaded

TMorphsTest3d8d1.003.pr (9K) Download Attachment
TMorphsTest3d8d1.gif (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Edgar De Cleene
Added.
But you don't need go to 3.8.
3.10.2 should work and if not send mail to me.
For a complete forensics, 4.5 could be updated almost to 4.6 final, when Cog
brings us speed and troubles :=)

On 26/05/2018, 05:07, "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is a test case
>

> Use a 3.8.1 image from http://files.squeak.org/3.8/
>
> 1. Open the image
> 2. WorldMenu -> projects ...-> create new morphic project
> 3. In the project view click on second button top left (window menu)
> 4. Choose 'change title'
> 5. Give as title 'TMorphsTest3d8d1'
> 6. Enter the project
> 7. Hide flaps
> 8. Open a workspace
> 9. Paste the following code into the workspace
>

> "Wiki page 837 -
> AlignmentMorph newColumn and TextMorphs example"
>
> | m tm |
> m :=AlignmentMorph newColumn cellPositioning: #topLeft.
> tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'Heading'.
> tm backgroundColor: Color white.
> m addMorphBack: tm.
> tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'para para'.
> tm backgroundColor: Color lightBlue.
> m addMorphBack: tm.
> tm := TextMorph new leftFlush; contents: 'para2 para'.
> tm backgroundColor: Color lightGray.
> m addMorphBack: tm.
> m openInHand
>
> "http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/837"
>
> 10. Execute the code.
> 11. Close the workspace
> 12. WorldMenu --> Projects --> Save project on local file only
> 13. Click 'save'
> 14. Close 3.8.1 image
> 15. Locate the file 'TMorphsTest3d8d1.003.pr' in the 'Squeaklets' subfolder
>

> 16. Open Squeak 5.2.alpha image
> 18. Drop the file 'TMorphsTest3d8d1.003.pr' on to the desktop
>
> EXPECTED RESULT
>
> The project with the three morphs is loaded.
>
> The project is loaded

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Edgar

On 5/26/18, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Added.
> But you don't need go to 3.8.
> 3.10.2 should work and if not send mail to me.

It works fine in 3.10.2 as well.

> For a complete forensics, 4.5 could be updated almost to 4.6 final, when Cog
> brings us speed and troubles :=)

This probably does not work generally, see new test case below.

A new test case is here
Load a small piece of 'active content' (a "slide"), together with
construction code and instructions
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2765

Result
- 3.2 .morph file was created in Squeak 3.2
- 3.8.1 - loads fine
- 3.10.2 - loads fine
- 4.4 - does NOT load
- 5.1 - does NOT load
- Squeak6.0alpha #17233 - does NOT load
- 5.2a - loads fine

Another test case from the VM-developer list

1. On macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6 (16G1314).
2. Downloaded most recent Squeak5.2alpha -macOS.zip,
3. extract it,
4. copy it to a new folder and open it.
5. Click on maximize button in the  Squeak window.

EXPECTED RESULT
The Squeak window is maximized.

CURRENT RESULT
Squeak crashes

Might be difficult to reproduce

-----------------------------
Regards
Hannes

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
A sketch of another manual test case (details will be provided in
another thread)

Use Etoys projects
--------------------------
1. Download latest 5.2a
2. Load the Add-On which allows for Etoys projects
    see thread 'MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject'
3. Find out what is possible to do and what is not possible.
    Develop several test cases

HH.

On 6/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Edgar
>
> On 5/26/18, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Added.
>> But you don't need go to 3.8.
>> 3.10.2 should work and if not send mail to me.
>
> It works fine in 3.10.2 as well.
>
>> For a complete forensics, 4.5 could be updated almost to 4.6 final, when
>> Cog
>> brings us speed and troubles :=)
>
> This probably does not work generally, see new test case below.
>

> A new test case is here
> Load a small piece of 'active content' (a "slide"), together with
> construction code and instructions
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2765
>
> Result
> - 3.2 .morph file was created in Squeak 3.2
> - 3.8.1 - loads fine
> - 3.10.2 - loads fine
> - 4.4 - does NOT load
> - 5.1 - does NOT load
> - Squeak6.0alpha #17233 - does NOT load
> - 5.2a - loads fine

> Another test case from the VM-developer list
>
> 1. On macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6 (16G1314).
> 2. Downloaded most recent Squeak5.2alpha -macOS.zip,
> 3. extract it,
> 4. copy it to a new folder and open it.
> 5. Click on maximize button in the  Squeak window.
>
> EXPECTED RESULT
> The Squeak window is maximized.
>
> CURRENT RESULT
> Squeak crashes
>
> Might be difficult to reproduce
>
> -----------------------------
> Regards
> Hannes

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Test case: 'Unloading Etoys from Squeak 5.2'

ToDo: Do test and update wiki page with the result.

On 6/6/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A sketch of another manual test case (details will be provided in
> another thread)
>
> Use Etoys projects
> --------------------------
> 1. Download latest 5.2a
> 2. Load the Add-On which allows for Etoys projects
>     see thread 'MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject'
> 3. Find out what is possible to do and what is not possible.
>     Develop several test cases
>
> HH.
>
> On 6/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Edgar
>>
>> On 5/26/18, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Added.
>>> But you don't need go to 3.8.
>>> 3.10.2 should work and if not send mail to me.
>>
>> It works fine in 3.10.2 as well.
>>
>>> For a complete forensics, 4.5 could be updated almost to 4.6 final, when
>>> Cog
>>> brings us speed and troubles :=)
>>
>> This probably does not work generally, see new test case below.
>>

>> A new test case is here
>> Load a small piece of 'active content' (a "slide"), together with
>> construction code and instructions
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2765
>>
>> Result
>> - 3.2 .morph file was created in Squeak 3.2
>> - 3.8.1 - loads fine
>> - 3.10.2 - loads fine
>> - 4.4 - does NOT load
>> - 5.1 - does NOT load
>> - Squeak6.0alpha #17233 - does NOT load
>> - 5.2a - loads fine

>> Another test case from the VM-developer list
>>
>> 1. On macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6 (16G1314).
>> 2. Downloaded most recent Squeak5.2alpha -macOS.zip,
>> 3. extract it,
>> 4. copy it to a new folder and open it.
>> 5. Click on maximize button in the  Squeak window.
>>
>> EXPECTED RESULT
>> The Squeak window is maximized.
>>
>> CURRENT RESULT
>> Squeak crashes
>>
>> Might be difficult to reproduce
>>
>> -----------------------------
>> Regards
>> Hannes

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1183 shows the results of loading
*.pr files from SqueakLand (Etoys project files). Currently 10 project
files load fine, 2 do not.

On 6/9/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Test case: 'Unloading Etoys from Squeak 5.2'

> ToDo: Do test and update wiki page with the result.
>
> On 6/6/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A sketch of another manual test case (details will be provided in
>> another thread)
>>
>> Use Etoys projects
>> --------------------------
>> 1. Download latest 5.2a
>> 2. Load the Add-On which allows for Etoys projects
>>     see thread 'MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject'
>> 3. Find out what is possible to do and what is not possible.
>>     Develop several test cases
>>
>> HH.
>>
>> On 6/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Edgar

>>> It works fine in 3.10.2 as well.

>>> This probably does not work generally, see new test case below.
>>>

>>> A new test case is here
>>> Load a small piece of 'active content' (a "slide"), together with
>>> construction code and instructions
>>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2765
>>>
>>> Result
>>> - 3.2 .morph file was created in Squeak 3.2
>>> - 3.8.1 - loads fine
>>> - 3.10.2 - loads fine
>>> - 4.4 - does NOT load
>>> - 5.1 - does NOT load
>>> - Squeak6.0alpha #17233 - does NOT load
>>> - 5.2a - loads fine

>>> Another test case from the VM-developer list
>>>
>>> 1. On macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6 (16G1314).
>>> 2. Downloaded most recent Squeak5.2alpha -macOS.zip,
>>> 3. extract it,
>>> 4. copy it to a new folder and open it.
>>> 5. Click on maximize button in the  Squeak window.
>>>
>>> EXPECTED RESULT
>>> The Squeak window is maximized.
>>>
>>> CURRENT RESULT
>>> Squeak crashes
>>>
>>> Might be difficult to reproduce
>>>
>>> -----------------------------
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Load and test

SIXX - Smalltalk Instance eXchange in XML

SIXX allows you to exchange nets of Smalltalk objects between Squeak,
Pharo, Cuis, VW and Dolphin Smalltalk.

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/84

On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1183 shows the results of loading
> *.pr files from SqueakLand (Etoys project files). Currently 10 project
> files load fine, 2 do not.
>
> On 6/9/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Test case: 'Unloading Etoys from Squeak 5.2'

>> ToDo: Do test and update wiki page with the result.
>>
>> On 6/6/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> A sketch of another manual test case (details will be provided in
>>> another thread)
>>>
>>> Use Etoys projects
>>> --------------------------
>>> 1. Download latest 5.2a
>>> 2. Load the Add-On which allows for Etoys projects
>>>     see thread 'MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject'
>>> 3. Find out what is possible to do and what is not possible.
>>>     Develop several test cases
>>>
>>> HH.

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
A test case which tests project loading from Squeak 3.x projects - a
project which includes a BlockContext object

A minimal test case is

a) Take a Squeak 3.10.2 image such as the
http://folk.uio.no/trygver/assets/BabyIDE.zip version from Trygve Reenskaug

use an interpreter VM to open it.

b) open a new empty project (no flaps, no trash can): Label it
'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1'
   (the name needs to be less than 24 characters, unfortunately)

c) Use the second example of page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6413
    a SimpleButtonMorph with a block as target.

d) Choose 'world menu' / 'projects' / 'save project on local file only'

e)  Get the file 'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1.001.pr' from the Squeaklets folder

f) Drop the project file onto the desktop of a Squeak5.2alpha latest
update: #18117 image

On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Load and test
>
> SIXX - Smalltalk Instance eXchange in XML
>
> SIXX allows you to exchange nets of Smalltalk objects between Squeak,
> Pharo, Cuis, VW and Dolphin Smalltalk.
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/84
>
> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1183 shows the results of loading
>> *.pr files from SqueakLand (Etoys project files). Currently 10 project
>> files load fine, 2 do not.
>>
>> On 6/9/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Test case: 'Unloading Etoys from Squeak 5.2'

>>> ToDo: Do test and update wiki page with the result.

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Note that the test code for the test in the previous mail is just

s := SimpleButtonMorph new.
s target: [(EllipseMorph new extent: 50@50; color: Color red) openInHand].
s label: 'Get a red dot'.
s actionSelector: #value.
s openInHand.

It is to be pasted into a Workspace , executed and then the workspace
needs to be closed before the project is saved.

On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A test case which tests project loading from Squeak 3.x projects - a
> project which includes a BlockContext object
>
> A minimal test case is
>
> a) Take a Squeak 3.10.2 image such as the
> http://folk.uio.no/trygver/assets/BabyIDE.zip version from Trygve Reenskaug
>
> use an interpreter VM to open it.
>
> b) open a new empty project (no flaps, no trash can): Label it
> 'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1'
>    (the name needs to be less than 24 characters, unfortunately)
>
> c) Use the second example of page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6413
>     a SimpleButtonMorph with a block as target.
>
> d) Choose 'world menu' / 'projects' / 'save project on local file only'
>
> e)  Get the file 'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1.001.pr' from the Squeaklets
> folder
>
> f) Drop the project file onto the desktop of a Squeak5.2alpha latest
> update: #18117 image
>

> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Load and test
>>
>> SIXX - Smalltalk Instance eXchange in XML
>>
>> SIXX allows you to exchange nets of Smalltalk objects between Squeak,
>> Pharo, Cuis, VW and Dolphin Smalltalk.
>>
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/84
>>
>> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1183 shows the results of loading
>>> *.pr files from SqueakLand (Etoys project files). Currently 10 project
>>> files load fine, 2 do not.

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
NuScratch installation test in Squeak 5.2a

Result OK
Steps: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1263
Comment: Too many steps to do the installation.

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> NuScratch installation test in Squeak 5.2a
>
> Result OK
> Steps: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1263
> Comment: Too many steps to do the installation.
Help call does not work

> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Note that the test code for the test in the previous mail is just
>>
>> s := SimpleButtonMorph new.
>> s target: [(EllipseMorph new extent: 50@50; color: Color red)
>> openInHand].
>> s label: 'Get a red dot'.
>> s actionSelector: #value.
>> s openInHand.
>>
>> It is to be pasted into a Workspace , executed and then the workspace
>> needs to be closed before the project is saved.
>>
>> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> A test case which tests project loading from Squeak 3.x projects - a
>>> project which includes a BlockContext object
>>>
>>> A minimal test case is
>>>
>>> a) Take a Squeak 3.10.2 image such as the
>>> http://folk.uio.no/trygver/assets/BabyIDE.zip version from Trygve
>>> Reenskaug
>>>
>>> use an interpreter VM to open it.
>>>
>>> b) open a new empty project (no flaps, no trash can): Label it
>>> 'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1'
>>>    (the name needs to be less than 24 characters, unfortunately)
>>>
>>> c) Use the second example of page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6413
>>>     a SimpleButtonMorph with a block as target.
>>>
>>> d) Choose 'world menu' / 'projects' / 'save project on local file only'
>>>
>>> e)  Get the file 'SimplBtnMrphWthBlkAsTgt1.001.pr' from the Squeaklets
>>> folder
>>>
>>> f) Drop the project file onto the desktop of a Squeak5.2alpha latest
>>> update: #18117 image

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
NuScratch: If you click on 'full screen' you get
Project>>#fullScreenOn has been deprecated.

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> NuScratch installation test in Squeak 5.2a
>>
>> Result OK
>> Steps: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1263
>> Comment: Too many steps to do the installation.
> Help call does not work
>>
>> On 6/28/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Note that the test code for the test in the previous mail is just
>>>
>>> s := SimpleButtonMorph new.
>>> s target: [(EllipseMorph new extent: 50@50; color: Color red)
>>> openInHand].
>>> s label: 'Get a red dot'.
>>> s actionSelector: #value.
>>> s openInHand.
>>>
>>> It is to be pasted into a Workspace , executed and then the workspace
>>> needs to be closed before the project is saved.

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Project saving and loading has been made to work again: Test various scenarios.

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> NuScratch: If you click on 'full screen' you get
> Project>>#fullScreenOn has been deprecated.
>

> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> NuScratch installation test in Squeak 5.2a
>>>
>>> Result OK
>>> Steps: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1263
>>> Comment: Too many steps to do the installation.
>> Help call does not work

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Test case copied from
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2018-July/199422.html

1. Open a workspace, type some text in it.
2. Ctrl+left click on the text to open the morph menu of the
TextMorphForEditView.
3. Choose "text properties..."

Result: FAILURE

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Project saving and loading has been made to work again: Test various
> scenarios.
>
> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> NuScratch: If you click on 'full screen' you get
>> Project>>#fullScreenOn has been deprecated.

>>> Help call does not work

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Develop and execute manual testcases for project saving / loading of
Squeak 5.2   *.pr files
(*.pr file see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/885)
Example file Project32b5d2.004.pr attached

Result: SUCCESS

Project32b5d2.004.pr (36K) Download Attachment

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
P.S.  Project32b5d2.004.pr

32b = 32bit.

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Develop and execute manual testcases for project saving / loading of
> Squeak 5.2   *.pr files
> (*.pr file see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/885)
> Example file Project32b5d2.004.pr attached
>
> Result: SUCCESS
>

> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Test case copied from
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2018-July/199422.html
>>
>> 1. Open a workspace, type some text in it.
>> 2. Ctrl+left click on the text to open the morph menu of the
>> TextMorphForEditView.
>> 3. Choose "text properties..."
>>
>> Result: FAILURE
>>
>> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Project saving and loading has been made to work again: Test various
>>> scenarios.

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Hannes Hirzel
Installation of Metacello
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6157
https://github.com/Metacello/metacello
As of now leads to a VM crash.

On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S.  Project32b5d2.004.pr
>
> 32b = 32bit.
>

> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Develop and execute manual testcases for project saving / loading of
>> Squeak 5.2   *.pr files
>> (*.pr file see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/885)
>> Example file Project32b5d2.004.pr attached
>>
>> Result: SUCCESS
>>

>> On 7/2/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Test case copied from
>>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2018-July/199422.html
>>>
>>> 1. Open a workspace, type some text in it.
>>> 2. Ctrl+left click on the text to open the morph menu of the
>>> TextMorphForEditView.
>>> 3. Choose "text properties..."
>>>
>>> Result: FAILURE

Re: [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

Tim Johnson-2
Reproduced on OS X 10.13.4, Squeak 5.2alpha #18137-64bit, Cog Spur 5.0-201806080613.

12