TODO 1.2

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

So for a release, we need to fix the following bugs:

        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.2-DevImage

Now as these are all problems of packages, not of the Core, I can not just commit
to core.

So we need to actually fix the package in the place where the package is loaded
from. (potentially by discussion this with the maintainer)

This is something anyone can do. We do not need to wait for Mariano to ne back
from holiday (which will be in 3 weeks), nor will I do this. I am a bit sick of 1.2...

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: TODO 1.2

Stéphane Ducasse
Marcus

Can I suggest that we really remove the non show stopper?
and I'm sorry but we cannot maintain packages we do not know.

Lukas could you integrate the fix I did for OB?

> So for a release, we need to fix the following bugs:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.2-DevImage
>
> Now as these are all problems of packages, not of the Core, I can not just commit
> to core.
>
> So we need to actually fix the package in the place where the package is loaded
> from. (potentially by discussion this with the maintainer)
>
> This is something anyone can do. We do not need to wait for Mariano to ne back
> from holiday (which will be in 3 weeks), nor will I do this. I am a bit sick of 1.2...
>
> Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: TODO 1.2

Lukas Renggli
> Can I suggest that we really remove the non show stopper?
> and I'm sorry but we cannot maintain packages we do not know.
>
> Lukas could you integrate the fix I did for OB?

I suggest that you publish the changes to your own repository. I would
like to keep the code in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser/
working in Pharo 1.1.

I started to fix several of the tools for Pharo 1.2 in
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pharo12, but there is so much broken
that I run out of time :-(

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: TODO 1.2

Igor Stasenko
On 31 January 2011 19:35, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Can I suggest that we really remove the non show stopper?
>> and I'm sorry but we cannot maintain packages we do not know.
>>
>> Lukas could you integrate the fix I did for OB?
>
> I suggest that you publish the changes to your own repository. I would
> like to keep the code in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser/
> working in Pharo 1.1.
>
> I started to fix several of the tools for Pharo 1.2 in
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pharo12, but there is so much broken
> that I run out of time :-(

Look at this from positive side: many changes means a lot of things fixed! :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: TODO 1.2

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 31, 2011, at 7:38 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Can I suggest that we really remove the non show stopper?
>> and I'm sorry but we cannot maintain packages we do not know.
>>
>> Lukas could you integrate the fix I did for OB?
>
> I suggest that you publish the changes to your own repository. I would
> like to keep the code in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser/
> working in Pharo 1.1.

But it is clear that staying backward compatible forever will not make sense?

I personally do not have energy for that. in 1.1, everyone used OB and was happy.
So why would anyone using 1.1 (which will not be many people) would need to have
an updated OB?

I personally think energy should not be wasted for this.

        Marcus