[TODO] 1.3

Marcus Denker-4
Core
====

Open Issues: 20
        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3
Failing Tests: 1
        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Full
===
Open Issues: 8
        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3-DevImage
Failing Tests: 3
        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

        => Most important next Issue to tackle: Get all tests green.

It would be nice to get both Core and Full green. Than the idea is that in the spirit of Continuous
Delivery, we just keep it green. No degeneration of trivial problems (undeclards), fast roll-back of
problematic changes...

The idea is to keep it in a state that we could, at a minumum, always say "We could release next Friday".
And the best would be: "We could release today".

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [TODO] 1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Core
====

Open Issues: 20
       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3
Failing Tests: 1
       https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Full
===
Open Issues: 8
       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3-DevImage
Failing Tests: 3
       https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

I've removed XMLSupport so there are 2 less failing tests.

       => Most important next Issue to tackle: Get all tests green.

It would be nice to get both Core and Full green. Than the idea is that in the spirit of Continuous
Delivery, we just keep it green. No degeneration of trivial problems (undeclards), fast roll-back of
problematic changes...

The idea is to keep it in a state that we could, at a minumum, always say "We could release next Friday".
And the best would be: "We could release today".

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [TODO] 1.3

Marcus Denker-4
Current status:

        ==> all 1.3 builds are green
        ==> Open Issues Core:  20
        ==> Open Issues Full: 3

So we are now in the state of "we could release next Friday". Thus the idea is now to steadily integrate what will happen,
while keeping the status green.

Thus we can focus on other things as the Next Most Important Issue. e.g.

Get VM build system in a state so we can ship 1.3 with VMs build by or Hudson (soon Jenkins):

The idea here is to

        a) simplify the VM story. There are too many VMs, each with each own version-number. Very confusing.
        b) not have to wait with deployment for a "maintainer" to release a VM every 2 years, but instead use the latest code base
             within hours of a bugfix.
        c) be able to actually improve the VM while in unstable.

Thus we will
        - provide a "Pharo Cog $VersionNumber" vm. This will make it easy to anwer the question of "which VM should I use"
        - generate the archives one-click as well as the VMs listed on the website from the self-build VMs

The good news is that we now have a window build slave, so we will soon have all 3 major architectures covered.

On May 16, 2011, at 9:15 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Core
> ====
>
> Open Issues: 20
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3
> Failing Tests: 1
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>
> Full
> ===
> Open Issues: 8
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3-DevImage
> Failing Tests: 3
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>

> => Most important next Issue to tackle: Get all tests green.
>
> It would be nice to get both Core and Full green. Than the idea is that in the spirit of Continuous
> Delivery, we just keep it green. No degeneration of trivial problems (undeclards), fast roll-back of
> problematic changes...
>
> The idea is to keep it in a state that we could, at a minumum, always say "We could release next Friday".
> And the best would be: "We could release today".
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [TODO] 1.3

Tudor Girba
Thanks, Marcus. This is great!

We are now moving Moose to build on 1.3.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2011, at 09:18, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Current status:
>
> ==> all 1.3 builds are green
> ==> Open Issues Core:  20
> ==> Open Issues Full: 3
>
> So we are now in the state of "we could release next Friday". Thus the idea is now to steadily integrate what will happen,
> while keeping the status green.
>
> Thus we can focus on other things as the Next Most Important Issue. e.g.
>
> Get VM build system in a state so we can ship 1.3 with VMs build by or Hudson (soon Jenkins):
>
> The idea here is to
>
> a) simplify the VM story. There are too many VMs, each with each own version-number. Very confusing.
> b) not have to wait with deployment for a "maintainer" to release a VM every 2 years, but instead use the latest code base
>             within hours of a bugfix.
> c) be able to actually improve the VM while in unstable.
>
> Thus we will
> - provide a "Pharo Cog $VersionNumber" vm. This will make it easy to anwer the question of "which VM should I use"
> - generate the archives one-click as well as the VMs listed on the website from the self-build VMs
>
> The good news is that we now have a window build slave, so we will soon have all 3 major architectures covered.
>
> On May 16, 2011, at 9:15 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> Core
>> ====
>>
>> Open Issues: 20
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3
>> Failing Tests: 1
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>
>> Full
>> ===
>> Open Issues: 8
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=Milestone%3D1.3-DevImage
>> Failing Tests: 3
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>

>> => Most important next Issue to tackle: Get all tests green.
>>
>> It would be nice to get both Core and Full green. Than the idea is that in the spirit of Continuous
>> Delivery, we just keep it green. No degeneration of trivial problems (undeclards), fast roll-back of
>> problematic changes...
>>
>> The idea is to keep it in a state that we could, at a minumum, always say "We could release next Friday".
>> And the best would be: "We could release today".
>>
>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.
>>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."

Re: [TODO] 1.3

NorbertHartl
That all makes completely sense. As I'm working with zinc now I'm going to switch to 1.3 immediately.

Norbert