TWM: Multiple World integration

laurent laffont
With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.

Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Stéphane Ducasse
the snapshotting looks really cool!
In nautilus benjmain added groups.

Stef

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
>
> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
>
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
>

> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

this is good that you use MultipleWorld. I forgot to integrate it.

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
>
> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
>
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
>

> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: [Pharo-project] TWM: Multiple World integration

laurent laffont
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM, laurent laffont
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris
> work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less
> catastrophic than the previous screencast :)

Beer might help here :-)

haha

Great ! I was not able to join you this time, because Skype seems
completly down.

yes sad... a new guy was there !

Laurent

See you next week !
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
this is good that you use MultipleWorld. I forgot to integrate it.

Tell me if you integrate it directly in core.

I need to write tests for this. A cool thing is that with TWM I've learned a lot on how to test GUIs, Worlds, ...

Laurent

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
the snapshotting looks really cool!
In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Laurent.

Stef

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
>
> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
>
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
>

> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Bernat Romagosa
Great stuff, really! It's just laking keybindings and the productivity boost will be huge!

By the way, how hard would it be to get maximized windows to fill up all available space but the toolbars? Currently they leave a 15px or so margin.

Cheers,

Bernat.

2011/6/8 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
the snapshotting looks really cool!
In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Laurent.

Stef

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
>
> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
>
> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
>

> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:50 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

the snapshotting looks really cool!

In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Cool :-)

I would like to know if we can use TWM as a kind of toolbar and add some custom shortcuts ?

Ben

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:50 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

the snapshotting looks really cool!

In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Cool :-)

I would like to know if we can use TWM as a kind of toolbar and add some custom shortcuts ?

What kind of shortcuts ?

Laurent.

Ben

Laurent.

Stef

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.

> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)

> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html

> Cheers,

> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/

> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

2011/6/8 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:50 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

the snapshotting looks really cool!

In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Cool :-)

I would like to know if we can use TWM as a kind of toolbar and add some custom shortcuts ?

What kind of shortcuts ?

I dunno, a button like when I click on it, it opens a Browser or something like that

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

2011/6/8 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:50 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

the snapshotting looks really cool!

In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Cool :-)

I would like to know if we can use TWM as a kind of toolbar and add some custom shortcuts ?

What kind of shortcuts ?

I dunno, a button like when I click on it, it opens a Browser or something like that

Something like

AbstractTWMBarButton subclass: #MyDoSomethingButton

MyDoSomethingButton>>help
  ^ 'I do a wonderful thing'

MyDoSomethingButton>>icon
  ^ blabla asForm

MyDoSomethingButton>>execute
  MyThing new open.

MyDoSomethingButton>>priority
  ^ 25

and then TWMBar creates one button per AbstractTWMBarButton subclass.

Is this what you would like ?

And someone want to do this ? :)

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:49 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> this is good that you use MultipleWorld. I forgot to integrate it.
>
> Tell me if you integrate it directly in core.
>
> I need to write tests for this. A cool thing is that with TWM I've learned a lot on how to test GUIs, Worlds, ...

I'm interested in these tests.

> Laurent
>

> On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
> > With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
> >
> > Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
> >
> > http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> > Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: [Pharo-project] TWM: Multiple World integration

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 8 Jun 2011, at 18:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:49 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> this is good that you use MultipleWorld. I forgot to integrate it.
>>
>> Tell me if you integrate it directly in core.
>>
>> I need to write tests for this. A cool thing is that with TWM I've learned a lot on how to test GUIs, Worlds, ...
>
> I'm interested in these tests.

Me too.

Doru

>> Laurent
>>

>> On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>
>>> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.
>>>
>>> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)
>>>
>>> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>>>
>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
I was thinking about a pragma-based mechanism to collect buttons :)

I will try to implement this as soon as squeaksource is back ...

Ben

2011/6/8 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

2011/6/8 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:50 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

the snapshotting looks really cool!

In nautilus benjmain added groups.

And TWM has already support for nautilus ;)

Cool :-)

I would like to know if we can use TWM as a kind of toolbar and add some custom shortcuts ?

What kind of shortcuts ?

I dunno, a button like when I click on it, it opens a Browser or something like that

Something like

AbstractTWMBarButton subclass: #MyDoSomethingButton

MyDoSomethingButton>>help
  ^ 'I do a wonderful thing'

MyDoSomethingButton>>icon
  ^ blabla asForm

MyDoSomethingButton>>execute
  MyThing new open.

MyDoSomethingButton>>priority
  ^ 25

and then TWMBar creates one button per AbstractTWMBarButton subclass.

Is this what you would like ?

And someone want to do this ? :)

Laurent.

Ben

Laurent.

Ben

Laurent.

Stef

On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:33 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> With the help of my local developper group, I've integrated Sean DeNigris work and now Tiling Window Manager supports Multiple Worlds.

> Here's a screencast that shows the progress. (My English seems a little less catastrophic than the previous screencast :)

> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html

> Cheers,

> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/

> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Re: TWM: Multiple World integration

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

Here is a UGLY changeset, just to show you what I was talking about :)

For now you have to defined your method with pragma before displaying the dock bar, and only support vertical bar, but like that you can see :)

(and yes, using MenuSpec to build buttons is bad ;) but the pragma hierarchy is a bit weird, so you can't properly inherits :s )

So by example add the method:

finderButtonOn: aBuilder
"I build a menu"
<shortcutTWM>
(aBuilder item: #Finder)
action: [self open];
order: 0;
parent: #Tools;
help: 'Looking for something ?';
icon: self icon

on Finder class side, open the Dock bar :)

Ben

PS: if you like it, I can do a better implementation ;)

TWMShortcutPragmaALPHA.1.cs (9K) Download Attachment

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is a UGLY changeset, just to show you what I was talking about :)

OK I will look at it. It seems I'll have to go sleep late next days :)

Laurent