TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

philippeback
I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0

This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.

Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?

Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

kilon.alios
let me hijack this thread saying I really love the TWM , brilliant way of managing the biggest problem of Pharo, windows mania. Great job and thanks :)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0

This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.

Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?

Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

philippeback
Can't be without it.

Just make sure you close it and do a GC at some points in time as it seems to hold a bit too strongly on some objects.

We should do a little "recycle" button :-)

Phil

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
let me hijack this thread saying I really love the TWM , brilliant way of managing the biggest problem of Pharo, windows mania. Great job and thanks :)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0

This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.

Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?

Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

laurent laffont
Hi Phil,

not working for me, yes really frustrating. Did not manage to fix it last time I tried :(

Laurent

Phil

Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

Tim Mackinnon
Is there any documentation for TWM? I’d never heard of it, and it looks cool - I’ve been tempted to implement a keystroke to take me through windows in a LIFO order and it looks like this might do this - but not sure what all the icons and terminology mean? Also, where is the version you fixed?

Tim

On 10 Sep 2014, at 15:48, [hidden email] wrote:

> I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0
>
> This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.
>
> Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?
>
> Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

philippeback
TilingWindowManager in the Configuration Browser.

Then Settings > Tiling Window Manager > Enable Tiling Window Manager > "check the box"

There you go.

Shortcuts (Cmd|Alt)R, 1
2 3 4...

to move the windows around.

HTH
Phil

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any documentation for TWM? I’d never heard of it, and it looks cool - I’ve been tempted to implement a keystroke to take me through windows in a LIFO order and it looks like this might do this - but not sure what all the icons and terminology mean? Also, where is the version you fixed?

Tim

On 10 Sep 2014, at 15:48, [hidden email] wrote:

> I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0
>
> This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.
>
> Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?
>
> Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

Tim Mackinnon

I loaded via the config browser and it was a version with Sean's NMR on it? Is that the one?

I was interested in the next/prev window keystroke which didn't seem to work (it opens the debugger as > is also . ?)

I also wasn't clear what it's tracking in the toolbar? What is the camera icon for? (Is that snapshot a browser onto the nav list?)

It all looks very cool though.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Sep 2014, at 03:50 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

TilingWindowManager in the Configuration Browser.

Then Settings > Tiling Window Manager > Enable Tiling Window Manager > "check the box"

There you go.

Shortcuts (Cmd|Alt)R, 1
2 3 4...

to move the windows around.

HTH
Phil

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any documentation for TWM? I’d never heard of it, and it looks cool - I’ve been tempted to implement a keystroke to take me through windows in a LIFO order and it looks like this might do this - but not sure what all the icons and terminology mean? Also, where is the version you fixed?

Tim

On 10 Sep 2014, at 15:48, [hidden email] wrote:

> I was frustrated by being unable to have the Tiling Window Manager shortcuts not working properly in 3.0
>
> This is now fixed by registering the category as a global one.
>
> Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?
>
> Phil

Re: TWM - Shortcuts - Fixed.

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
philippeback wrote
Shortcuts (Cmd|Alt)R, 1
2 3 4...
to move the windows around.
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sean, Laurent, is this working for you?
Ha ha, I didn't even know about those shortcuts ;) Thanks, Phil!
Cheers,
Sean