Tab index

Manciero, Christopher
Does the notion of tab index exists in Lively Kernel?  I have a form with 2 text boxes and when I press the tab key I would like to navigate to the next text box.

Thanks,

Christopher Manciero

Software Developer |  Business Analytics Technologies

M +203 815 8641 | [hidden email]

Re: Tab index

Conrad Calmez
Hello Christopher,

actually there is no tab index functionality in Lively.  But if you need such functionality for your form GUI it should not be hard to implement.  I guess overwriting "onKeyDown" by calling "$super(evt)" inside of it and process the pressed key when it is a TAB.

Cheers
Conrad

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Manciero, Christopher wrote:

Does the notion of tab index exists in Lively Kernel?  I have a form with 2 text boxes and when I press the tab key I would like to navigate to the next text box.

Thanks,

Christopher Manciero

Software Developer |  Business Analytics Technologies

M +203 815 8641 | [hidden email]

Attachments:
- ATT00001.txt

Re: Tab index

Robert Krahn-4
Actually support for this exists but is not used. You can do
morph.enableFocus(tabIndex);

This will assign the tabIndex value to morph.renderContext().morphNode, see $world.browseCode('lively.morphic.Morph', 'setFocusableHTML', 'lively.morphic.HTML');

To use it e.g. for lively.morphic.PasswordInput or other inputs you will have to overwrite #setFocusableHTML. For the PasswordInput you will have to assign the index to the shapeNode since this is the actual input node.