bpi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tabular for Pharo 9 and Git line ending conventions

bpi
Hi,

I made the Tabular tests to run on Pharo 9:

However, due to different line endings all lines of all touched methods are shown as changed:

The reason seems to be that in the repository the files use CRLF line endings while on my Mac the line endings are converted to LF.

I experimented with all settings of core.autocrlf (true, false, and input). However, the result was always the same.

Is there any way I can solve this problem?

Is there a convention which line endings Pharo projects should have in the repository on GitHub?

Cheers,
Bernhard
bpi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tabular for Pharo 9 and Git line ending conventions

bpi
Actually, it is even worse. All lines in all methods are shown as changed.

Am 26.04.2021 um 09:36 schrieb Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

However, due to different line endings all lines of all touched methods are shown as changed:

The reason seems to be that in the repository the files use CRLF line endings while on my Mac the line endings are converted to LF.

I experimented with all settings of core.autocrlf (true, false, and input). However, the result was always the same.

Is there a convention which line endings Pharo projects should have in the repository on GitHub?

Cheers,
Bernhard

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tabular for Pharo 9 and Git line ending conventions

Vincent Blondeau

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for trying to contribute!

It is a git configuration issue of the repo. I missed the configuration file to force the LF (It was the beginning of the GIT support with Pharo). I took the same than the Pharo repo and just applied the changes. All the files are now ending with LF.

You may want to cherry pick your change to redo your PR on the master branch.

Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers,

Vincent

Sent: lundi, 26 avril 2021 10:00
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Pharo-users] Re: Tabular for Pharo 9 and Git line ending conventions

Actually, it is even worse. All lines in all methods are shown as changed.

Am 26.04.2021 um 09:36 schrieb Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

Cheers,

Bernhard