TaksIt tasks sequence: writing a file and reading it to add its contents to a domain object

1 message Options

TaksIt tasks sequence: writing a file and reading it to add its contents to a domain object

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi all,

I think that TaskIt is addressing a reader I'm not. Maybe I lack the previous background to fully make sense of it. I have been asking on Discord and getting some help to understand the rationale behind TaskIt and why is not doing what I want, but still I can not make it to do it.

I want to do something like this:

task1 := [ code to write tempFile on hard disk using external Unix tools] future.
taks2 := [ code to read data on the tempFile and add it to myObject dictionary] future.
taks1 andThen: task2.
myObject dictionary "Should show data coming from combining task1 and task2 y sequential order"

myObject is being changed in a future result that I can not access outside the block where I modify myObject. I would like to order task in a sequential order, doing the next only after the previous have ended and have access to the result of the last computation outside such sequence. Is this possible with futures?

Thanks,

Offray