Task bar in web image

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

I have been prodding Damien's recent Pharo-web, and have noted that items in the task bar do not immediately disappear when the corresponding window is closed.  It looks like there is some type of blending such that they dim over a few cycles of change in z-order of the remaining windows.

Bill

Re: Task bar in web image

Gary Chambers-4
It seems that Henrik's performence improvements need to account for
transluceny in the general case...
(see Morph>>areasRemainingToFill:)

Regards, Gary

> I have been prodding Damien's recent Pharo-web, and have noted that items
> in the task bar do not immediately disappear when the corresponding window
> is closed.  It looks like there is some type of blending such that they
> dim over a few cycles of change in z-order of the remaining windows.
>
> Bill

Re: Task bar in web image

Gary Chambers-4
Probably best to just promote the method in BorderedMorph.

Regards, Gary.

> It seems that Henrik's performence improvements need to account for
> transluceny in the general case...
> (see Morph>>areasRemainingToFill:)
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Task bar in web image

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Yes, I intended to change the comment to reflect translucent morphs needed to redefine the method, but never got around to it...
Easiest way is to use the old version of Morph:
areasRemainingToFill: aRectangle
    ^Array with: aRectange
for translucent morphs, alternatively clip against a smaller rect than clipRect, if the translucent regions of the Morph are well-defined.

Somewhat related:
- Michal Rueger figured out that closing a right-click menu opened over the Pharo logo will some times leave the background not repainted.
  I tried the above approach and redefined ScetchMorph's (?) areasRemainingToFill:, but that didn't seem to do it in this case...

I'm rather ill right now with fever, if I get better through the weekend I'll have a go and add appropriate ones, and have a closer look at the logo case.

Unrelated: If you pin a world-menu, the checkbox-option repaints before state of button is updated, thus indicating the wrong state after the first click.
Also, the damage rect it creates is incorrect, always returning a rect not offset for the position of the menu. (Also firing it 2x, due to super calls in the method causing it)

Cheers,
Henry

On 13.03.2009 16:00, Gary Chambers wrote:
It seems that Henrik's performence improvements need to account for
transluceny in the general case...
(see Morph>>areasRemainingToFill:)

Regards, Gary

Re: Task bar in web image

Gary Chambers-4
"Seemed" ok when I tried it back then ;-) was just a quick test though.

Regards, Gary

On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:37 PM, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:

> Yes, I intended to change the comment to reflect translucent morphs
> needed to redefine the method, but never got around to it...
> Easiest way is to use the old version of Morph:
> areasRemainingToFill: aRectangle
>     ^Array with: aRectange
> for translucent morphs, alternatively clip against a smaller rect
> than clipRect, if the translucent regions of the Morph are well-
> defined.
>
> Somewhat related:
> - Michal Rueger figured out that closing a right-click menu opened
> over the Pharo logo will some times leave the background not
> repainted.
>   I tried the above approach and redefined ScetchMorph's (?)
> areasRemainingToFill:, but that didn't seem to do it in this case...

Yes I get that all the time if I do it over the pharo logo.

> I'm rather ill right now with fever, if I get better through the
> weekend I'll have a go and add appropriate ones, and have a closer
> look at the logo case.

rest and relax I know the feeling.

> Unrelated: If you pin a world-menu, the checkbox-option repaints
> before state of button is updated, thus indicating the wrong state
> after the first click.
> Also, the damage rect it creates is incorrect, always returning a
> rect not offset for the position of the menu. (Also firing it 2x,
> due to super calls in the method causing it)

excellent !