Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

KenDickey
Juan,

The attached changeSet is just the ol' Taskbar which now repositions itself when the Display resizes.

Looks to me to be ready to integrate.

Anybody can check this out and let me know of problems -- thanks!

--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

1856-CuisCore-KenD-2013Nov01-17h16m-KenD.2.cs.st (6K) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

KenDickey
Oh, I should mention that you should open a Workspace and

  Taskbar reset.

before filing in; and after.

-KenD

-KenD

Re: Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

Casey Ransberger-2
Hey Ken,

I just got back to my computer, and built the new wireless network out. I haven't been able to find my laptop's power brick yet, though, so I'm still in a nebulously useless place as a contributor. Gonna run out of juice in like 15 minutes (or 5 if I have Squeak VM running; hopefully Eliot's work with the object memory will make us less of a battery hog.)

I've downloaded your changeset and I'm reading it now.

Not in a good place to test the changes. I've been awake for too long, what with moving and such, and my laptop's at 50%. Anyway so far this looks good, and it does seem that Ken's found the right way to handle VM window resizes if I'm reading this clearly.

One totally stylistic/aesthetic criticism, which is completely arguable and such, so you can disagree about this: can we get rid of the trailing period at the end of the methods? It wastes at least a byte every time. Exception: I won't complain about trailing periods in initialization methods, which are frequently amended with more imperative initialization stuff, so it's a pain to have to type the period when getting started writing some new initialization code for an existing initializer.

Outside of that one small (and arguable!) complaint (which could be a thing I fix later,) I think Ken's code looks good, and is a great improvement over what I wrote.

Juan, unless you have any objections, I'd recommend checking in Ken's changeset. Then we test a lot by resizing the VM window a bunch while maximizing and minimizing windows.

Thanks for putting your hands in this, Ken.

Casey

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, I should mention that you should open a Workspace and

  Taskbar reset.

before filing in; and after.

-KenD

Re: Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Ken,

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to attack this problem. Your
solution is cleaner, more elegant, and works much better than the older
one. I'll integrate and publish this soon (a couple of days max).

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich