Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

12

Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Leo Perard
Hi everybody,

I'm working on vizualisation with Roassal2 and I would like to have some feedbacks on my work.
You can vizualise some elements in their containers and test a property on the elements.
You have the legend build with the property and a menu (not a lot of features in the menu but it will come).
Edges are not available yet, but I'm working on it.

The repository :

MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: ''

To load the project : ConfigurationOfTelescope load

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Leo,

Welcome.

What exactly is the purpose of the project?

Doru

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Leo Perard <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

kilon.alios
I tried your code but I am getting errors. I downloaded your Configuration and I did ConfigurationOfTelescope loadBleedingEdge.

Try the first sample gives me

MNU>>receiver of "new" is nil

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #new
TLVizuBuilder>>kontract:
TLVizuBuilder>>render in Block: [ :c | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
TLVizuBuilder>>render
TLVizuBuilder>>open
TLTelescope>>open
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
OpalCompiler>>evaluate
SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelection
PluggableTextMorph>>doIt in Block: [ textMorph editor evaluateSelection ]
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit: in Block: [ result := editBlock value ]
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>doIt
SmalltalkEditor class>>buildSmalltalkEditorKeymappingsOn: in Block: [ :morph | morph doIt ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:
KMCategoryBinding>>completeMatch:buffer:
KMKeymap>>notifyCompleteMatchTo:buffer: in Block: [ :l | l completeMatch: self buffer: aBuffer ]
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
KMKeymap>>notifyCompleteMatchTo:buffer:
KMKeymap>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo:
KMCategory>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo: in Block: [ :entry | entry onMatchWith: anEventBuffer notify...etc...
Set>>do:
KMCategory>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo:
KMCategoryBinding>>verifyMatchWith:notifying:thenDoing:
KMDispatcher>>dispatch: in Block: [ :aTarget | ...

second sample gives me another error

CharacterSet class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #numberOfLinesOfCode
UndefinedObject>>DoIt in Block: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ]
BlockClosure>>rtValue:
TLVizuBuilder>>onElements:containers:properties: in Block: [ :element | ...
OrderedCollection>>do:
TLVizuBuilder>>onElements:containers:properties:
TLTelescope>>onElements:containers:properties:
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
OpalCompiler>>evaluate
SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelection
PluggableTextMorph>>doIt in Block: [ textMorph editor evaluateSelection ]
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit: in Block: [ result := editBlock value ]
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>doIt
SmalltalkEditor class>>buildSmalltalkEditorKeymappingsOn: in Block: [ :morph | morph doIt ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:
KMCategoryBinding>>completeMatch:buffer:
KMKeymap>>notifyCompleteMatchTo:buffer: in Block: [ :l | l completeMatch: self buffer: aBuffer ]
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
KMKeymap>>notifyCompleteMatchTo:buffer:
KMKeymap>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo:
KMCategory>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo: in Block: [ :entry | entry onMatchWith: anEventBuffer notify...etc...
Set>>do:
KMCategory>>onMatchWith:notify:andDo:
KMCategoryBinding>>verifyMatchWith:notifying:thenDoing:
KMDispatcher>>dispatch: in Block: [ :aTarget | ...

I am huge fun of astronomy, I am definitely interested in working as a beta tester for your code and learn more about Roassal :) I am actually learning Roassal and Mondrian during my easter vacations .

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Leo,

Welcome.

What exactly is the purpose of the project?

I want to create differents dynamic vizualisation.
I mean, now if you want to vizualise some code with Roassal2 you have to know how it works.
So I just want to make something that people can use without writing one line of Roassal2.

Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Tudor Girba-2

You should use the Moose image.

I just tried and it works. As far as I can see the goal is to produce a visual tool for software assessment. It looks pretty good. I will take a look at the code later.

Keep it up.

Doru

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

I downloaded the second moose image (the one with the moose logo) and gives me an error when I try to loadBleedingEdge as before

Could not Resolve : Moose-Algos-Kotractor

I would paste the stack but I see no such feature in the debugger.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

forgot to add that I used PharoLauncher to download the image

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

got the image from moose website directly this time , I get the same exact error, in this case I have full access to the default pharo debugger so here is the stack

MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(Object)>>error:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer: in Block: [| references nearestReference cachedReference ext...etc...
MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying: in Block: [aBlock value]
BlockClosure>>ensure:
RPackageSet class>>withCacheDo:
MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying: in Block: [:bar | ...
BlockClosure>>cull:
Job>>run in Block: [result := block cull: self]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
Job>>run in Block: [self prepareForRunning....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
GTMetacelloPlatform>>do:displaying:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer:
MetacelloPackageSpec>>loadUsing:gofer:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories: in Block: [:pkg | pkg loadUsing: self gofer: gofer]
OrderedCollection>>do:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories: in Block: [super linearLoadPackageSpecs: packageSpecs reposi...etc...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLoadDirective:during:
MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLinearLoadDirectivesDuring:for:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>load
MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader>>load
MetacelloMCVersion>>executeLoadFromArray:

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Usman Bhatti

There will be a Jenkins job available soon (currently, Jenkins jobs are disabled due to maintenance).

usman

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Which image?

You should download the 5.0 image:

Doru

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

downloaded 5.0 image from your link, same problem, same error :(

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

The configuration successfully loaded on my machine on the image taken from Jenkins (latest build).

Usman

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

To play with it you can follow this example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Andre Hora
For me it worked well:

1) I downloaded the image Doru said: http://www.moosetechnology.org/download/5.0

then,

2) Gofer new
  package: 'ConfigurationOfTelescope';
load.

3) ConfigurationOfTelescope load

> [...]

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Andre Hora

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

You load with loadBleedingEdge ?
You should just load like that : ConfigurationOfTelescope load

> [...]

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onContainers: Collection withAllSubclasses elements: #authors properties: #yourself.
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

or

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope new onElements: Collection withAllSubclasses containers: #package properties: [ :class | class numberOfLinesOfCode > 30 ].
telescope numberOfColors: 9. "optional"
telescope open

If you have any ideas, or find somes bugs do not hesitate to report to me.

Thanks.

--
Leo Perard

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

ah thanks it works now . I use bleeding edge to get most recent code.
Now studying your code.

On 4/22/14, Leo Perard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You load with loadBleedingEdge ?
> You should just load like that : ConfigurationOfTelescope load
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> downloaded 5.0 image from your link, same problem, same error :(
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Which image?
>>>
>>> You should download the 5.0 image:
>>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/download/5.0
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

abergel
Cool animations!!!

We start to have a real and nice infrastructure. This is cool!
Make a video and compete to the Roassal contest!

If you have distribution map, why do you propose the tree layout since there is no edges?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool animations!!!

We start to have a real and nice infrastructure. This is cool!
Make a video and compete to the Roassal contest!

I will think about that !

If you have distribution map, why do you propose the tree layout since there is no edges?

Just experimentations. I'm working on edges and I don't know yet how the menu will evoluate.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Leo Perard
Hi,

I add a new vizualisation to the project.
To test it, reload the configuration of the project and this message :
TLTelescope class>>#onElement:withEdgesProperty:

Here an example :

| telescope |
telescope := TLTelescope onElement: Collection withEdgesProperty: #subclasses.
telescope open

This vizualisation is really dynamic and I like it, but as it's dynamic there are some bugs. The layout on right click on an element dont' work yet. I will try to fix them first. I like the idea of getting something really dynamic with Roassal2. Once you write your code to generate the graph you do not have to write lines again.

If you have ideas to improve this vizualisation, let me know them ;-)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Leo Perard <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool animations!!!

We start to have a real and nice infrastructure. This is cool!
Make a video and compete to the Roassal contest!

I will think about that !

If you have distribution map, why do you propose the tree layout since there is no edges?

Just experimentations. I'm working on edges and I don't know yet how the menu will evoluate.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Leo Perard

--
Leo Perard

Re: Telescope - Vizualisation using Roassal2

Leo Perard
Something like that is ok ?

Gofer new
         url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/LeoPerard/Telescope/main';