Tell me about your namespaces!

Casey Ransberger-2
Maybe this is actually a better way to get at the information I'm after. If you have a namespacing implementation for anything that runs on the Squeak VM, and would like some help with testing, development, or documentation, please send me some email. I would like to help any way that I can.

If you don't have a namespacing implementation, but have an opinion on the matter, please email me.

If you don't care about namespaces at all, I am so sorry to be the guy that beats the dead horse.

Craig: going to be re-reading your writings ASAP, so I will email you:) I skimmed them when I first came to into the community, but it's been a couple of years.

Thank you all very much for your patience with my poor communication the last time I looked for a way to ask this question.

--
Casey Ransberger

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

Andreas.Raab
On 5/9/2011 23:14, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Maybe this is actually a better way to get at the information I'm after.
> If you have a namespacing implementation for anything that runs on the
> Squeak VM, and would like some help with testing, development, or
> documentation, please send me some email. I would like to help any way
> that I can.
>
> If you don't have a namespacing implementation, but have an opinion on
> the matter, please email me.

http://www.squeaksource.com/Names.html

This mostly works but got stuck on the Monticello integration.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

> If you don't care about namespaces at all, I am so sorry to be the guy
> that beats the dead horse.
>
> Craig: going to be re-reading your writings ASAP, so I will email you:)
> I skimmed them when I first came to into the community, but it's been a
> couple of years.
>
> Thank you all very much for your patience with my poor communication the
> last time I looked for a way to ask this question.
>
> --
> Casey Ransberger

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

Frank Shearar
On 2011/05/10 07:17, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 5/9/2011 23:14, Casey Ransberger wrote:
>> Maybe this is actually a better way to get at the information I'm after.
>> If you have a namespacing implementation for anything that runs on the
>> Squeak VM, and would like some help with testing, development, or
>> documentation, please send me some email. I would like to help any way
>> that I can.
>>
>> If you don't have a namespacing implementation, but have an opinion on
>> the matter, please email me.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Names.html
>
> This mostly works but got stuck on the Monticello integration.
>
> Cheers,
> - Andreas
>

>> If you don't care about namespaces at all, I am so sorry to be the guy
>> that beats the dead horse.
>>
>> Craig: going to be re-reading your writings ASAP, so I will email you:)
>> I skimmed them when I first came to into the community, but it's been a
>> couple of years.
>>
>> Thank you all very much for your patience with my poor communication the
>> last time I looked for a way to ask this question.
>>
>> --
>> Casey Ransberger

Congratulations, Casey, for volunteering to examine all the various
namespace implementations! I look forward to reading your report!

frank

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Tell me about your namespaces!

On 5/9/11 6:14 PM, "Casey Ransberger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Maybe this is actually a better way to get at the information I'm after. If you have a namespacing implementation for anything that runs on the Squeak VM, and would like some help with testing, development, or documentation, please send me some email. I would like to help any way that I can.

If you don't have a namespacing implementation, but have an opinion on the matter, please email me.

If you don't care about namespaces at all, I am so sorry to be the guy that beats the dead horse.

Craig: going to be re-reading your writings ASAP, so I will email you:) I skimmed them when I first came to into the community, but it's been a couple of years.

Thank you all very much for your patience with my poor communication the last time I looked for a way to ask this question.

--
Casey Ransberger

I have a derivative work of Alejandro Raimondo Fenix using old Enviroments which comes with Squeak long time ago.
On Wednesday could have some time for see this works whit last Trunk.

Edgar

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

ccrraaiigg

> I think the actual problem is that if you're into Smalltalk, and you
> actually end up needing a namespace, you invent one.

     Just for the record, I never needed namespaces. I needed a way to
transfer methods from one system to another accurately.

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

garduino
+1

2011/5/10, Craig Latta <[hidden email]>:

>> I think the actual problem is that if you're into Smalltalk, and you
>> actually end up needing a namespace, you invent one.
>
>      Just for the record, I never needed namespaces. I needed a way to
> transfer methods from one system to another accurately.
>

> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31  06 2757 7177
> + 1 415  287 3547

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: Tell me about your namespaces!

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 9 May 2011, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> Maybe this is actually a better way to get at the information I'm after. If
> you have a namespacing implementation for anything that runs on the Squeak
> VM, and would like some help with testing, development, or documentation,
> please send me some email. I would like to help any way that I can.
>
> If you don't have a namespacing implementation, but have an opinion on the
> matter, please email me.

What do you need namespaces for?

> If you don't care about namespaces at all, I am so sorry to be the guy that
> beats the dead horse.

I don't, but I'm curious why would you like to have namespaces.

Levente