Terse Guide to Pen, Forms

Dan Norton
Hello,

The Pen and Forms topics in Terse Guide no longer work. For example:

| x y |
x := Form dotOfSize: 20. "Make a form containing a dot (as yet unseen)."
x displayAt: 500@200. "Cause the form to appear at a point on the display."
Display restore. "Erase what was displayed."

#displayAt: doesn't.

Similar problems with "Display fillWhite" in the Pen topic.

 - Dan

Re: Terse Guide to Pen, Forms

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Dan,

This is a bug I introduced when speeding up Transcript maybe a month
ago. I'll fix it soon (max 2 days).

Thanks for reporting.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 7/20/2015 9:32 PM, Dan Norton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Pen and Forms topics in Terse Guide no longer work. For example:
>
> | x y |
> x := Form dotOfSize: 20. "Make a form containing a dot (as yet unseen)."
> x displayAt: 500@200. "Cause the form to appear at a point on the display."
> Display restore. "Erase what was displayed."
>
> #displayAt: doesn't.
>
> Similar problems with "Display fillWhite" in the Pen topic.
>
>   - Dan

Re: Terse Guide to Pen, Forms

Dan Norton
Great! The transcript speed is impressive, BTW.

 - Dan

On 20 Jul 2015 at 22:21, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> This is a bug I introduced when speeding up Transcript maybe a month
> ago. I'll fix it soon (max 2 days).
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich
>
> On 7/20/2015 9:32 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Pen and Forms topics in Terse Guide no longer work. For
> example:
> >
> > | x y |
> > x := Form dotOfSize: 20. "Make a form containing a dot (as yet
> unseen)."
> > x displayAt: 500@200. "Cause the form to appear at a point on the
> display."
> > Display restore. "Erase what was displayed."
> >
> > #displayAt: doesn't.
> >
> > Similar problems with "Display fillWhite" in the Pen topic.
> >
> >   - Dan

Re: Terse Guide to Pen, Forms

Hannes Hirzel
How would an additinonal test look like which covers this?

--Hannes