Test Completion has been added to Pharo 8 - please test!

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Test Completion has been added to Pharo 8 - please test!

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi all,

we added an intermediate version of the upcoming test completion to Pharo 8, it would be cool if you tested it and let us know the results. Here's a blog post about it - link, and here's a tweet I'd be grateful if you shared - link so perhaps people who don't read the mailing list would also see it. In the blog post you can find more info how to enable the completion in the settings and details about the whole thing in general. If something doesn't work, or if something works differently than it used to in the old completion (both if you don't like it or perhaps if you prefer it) let me know either replying here, on twitter, or submitting an issue request directly for the github repository here - link.

Thanks very much,
Myroslava
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Test Completion has been added to Pharo 8 - please test!

Hi Stef

So the more detailed instruction with the screenshot is in the blog post : https://medium.com/@myroslavarm/test-code-completion-has-been-added-to-pharo-8-d89a8eb64d68, but simply put:
if you go to settings, type in 'completion' in the search bar, and where it says 'controller' change it to 'TestCompletionController', you will have it. 

It will be inside the environment instead of the regular completion, so any time you type something in playground or editor, it will be the test completion that is triggered. Basically to test it you only need to be coding something in Pharo :) So if you use it and it breaks somewhere, let us know.

Best regards,
Myroslava

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 15:27, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi miroslava 

how can we test it?

Stef

On 3 Jul 2019, at 01:11, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: Test Completion has been added to Pharo 8 - please test!
Date: 3 July 2019 at 01:11:51 GMT+9
To: Pharo Development List <[hidden email]>, Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Hi all,

we added an intermediate version of the upcoming test completion to Pharo 8, it would be cool if you tested it and let us know the results. Here's a blog post about it - link, and here's a tweet I'd be grateful if you shared - link so perhaps people who don't read the mailing list would also see it. In the blog post you can find more info how to enable the completion in the settings and details about the whole thing in general. If something doesn't work, or if something works differently than it used to in the old completion (both if you don't like it or perhaps if you prefer it) let me know either replying here, on twitter, or submitting an issue request directly for the github repository here - link.

Thanks very much,
Myroslava

--------------------------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas 
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

--
З повагою, 
Мирослава Романюк.
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Aha ok! Please let us know if you have a specific example of when it fails. We removed completion for temp declaration but when using already declared temps, as far as i tested, it seems to work. So would be grateful for a counterexample.

Best,
Myroslava

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 16:50, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:29 AM Myroslava Romaniuk via Pharo-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we added an intermediate version of the upcoming test completion to Pharo 8, it would be cool if you tested it and let us know the results. Here's a blog post about it - link, and here's a tweet I'd be grateful if you shared - link so perhaps people who don't read the mailing list would also see it. In the blog post you can find more info how to enable the completion in the settings and details about the whole thing in general. If something doesn't work, or if something works differently than it used to in the old completion (both if you don't like it or perhaps if you prefer it) let me know either replying here, on twitter, or submitting an issue request directly for the github repository here - link.
>

Hi,

Since the new code completion is enable I have problem with variables
completion.
I saw it the most with temporary variables that are not proposed for
completion anymore. This is really annoying since I often have long
variables names to be explicit in my code :(

I hope it can help you improve it :)

> Thanks very much,
> Myroslava

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

--
З повагою, 
Мирослава Романюк.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

I didn't find the controller option in Pharo 8, and I really want to use this autocompletion test, something has changed?

Thanks,
Vitor

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:51 PM Myroslava Romaniuk via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aha ok! Please let us know if you have a specific example of when it fails. We removed completion for temp declaration but when using already declared temps, as far as i tested, it seems to work. So would be grateful for a counterexample.

Best,
Myroslava

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 16:50, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:29 AM Myroslava Romaniuk via Pharo-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we added an intermediate version of the upcoming test completion to Pharo 8, it would be cool if you tested it and let us know the results. Here's a blog post about it - link, and here's a tweet I'd be grateful if you shared - link so perhaps people who don't read the mailing list would also see it. In the blog post you can find more info how to enable the completion in the settings and details about the whole thing in general. If something doesn't work, or if something works differently than it used to in the old completion (both if you don't like it or perhaps if you prefer it) let me know either replying here, on twitter, or submitting an issue request directly for the github repository here - link.
>

Hi,

Since the new code completion is enable I have problem with variables
completion.
I saw it the most with temporary variables that are not proposed for
completion anymore. This is really annoying since I often have long
variables names to be explicit in my code :(

I hope it can help you improve it :)

> Thanks very much,
> Myroslava

--
Cyril Ferlicot