Test Request: Installed Packages Browser update proposal

Test Request: Installed Packages Browser update proposal

KenDickey
Hello all,

I have kind of a busy life right now.  (Like the rest of you don't right?  ;^)

Anyway, I could use some help with test and cleanup.

Attached is a fileIn which updates the Installed Packages Browser to be able to add and delete requirements.

I am keeping things simple.
  - You can only add requirements on loaded packages (+ Cuis-Base)
  - The package requirement goes from required Ver.Rev to *
  - There is no editing of requirements (a future button)

The intent is to make adding requirements easy without an external text editor.

So, if you have time, please:
  - Use the FileList to load the attached ("FeaturesReq-KenD.2.cs.st")
  - Load one or more packages (preferably with requirements)
  - Open the updated Installed Packages browser
  - Select a package -- the requirements should show up
  - The Add Package button is in the button row just under the packages selection pane; Add one or more requirements.
  - Select a requirement in the Requirements pane & Delete it

Note that you can just Quit without Saving rather than filing out packages just because they are changed.  Unless, of course, you are adding requirements which you want to save with the package.  Good to test this as well!

Please feel free to suggest or make code or UI changes.

Thanks a bunch!
-KenD

FeaturesReq-KenD.2.cs.st (27K) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Test Request: Installed Packages Browser update proposal

garduino
Hi Ken:

Nice job! Seems to work ok.

The only limitation that I can appreciate is at the Add Requirement moment, that you need to have a previously loaded package to set it as a requirement.

May be is better to permit surf the directories of the cloned repos to search the needed req, but I know, all is matter of time to develop.

Thanks!

2014/1/2 Ken Dickey <[hidden email]>
[...]

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: Test Request: Installed Packages Browser update proposal

KenDickey
On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:36:58 -0200
Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only limitation that I can appreciate is at the Add Requirement moment,
> that you need to have a previously loaded package to set it as a
> requirement.
>
> May be is better to permit surf the directories of the cloned repos to
> search the needed req, but I know, all is matter of time to develop.

An unloaded requirement?  Not as simple as I am thinking -- perhaps a package browser (later).

Thanks for testing!
-KenD

-KenD

Re: Test Request: Installed Packages Browser update proposal

Juan Vuletich-4
Thanks Ken!

Will take a look, hopefully shortly.

Cheers,