Test Runner 'File out results' button

Lukas Renggli
Recently the button 'File out results' was added to the test runner.

I find this button extremely annoying because it is something i don't
use daily and it doesn't fit into the group of run-action like all the
other buttons. I keep on accidentally clicking it.

Why wasn't this action added to the context menu on the test results
that already has related items like 'History', 'Store results', 'Show
progress'?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Test Runner 'File out results' button

laurent laffont

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Recently the button 'File out results' was added to the test runner.

I find this button extremely annoying because it is something i don't
use daily and it doesn't fit into the group of run-action like all the
other buttons. I keep on accidentally clicking it.

Why wasn't this action added to the context menu on the test results
that already has related items like 'History', 'Store results', 'Show
progress'?

Because the issue was "Button in TestRunner to fileout the test results" :)

For myself, I don't really care. Anyone for context menu ?

Laurent

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Test Runner 'File out results' button

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 2, 2010, at 5:14 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Recently the button 'File out results' was added to the test runner.
>
> I find this button extremely annoying because it is something i don't
> use daily and it doesn't fit into the group of run-action like all the
> other buttons. I keep on accidentally clicking it.
>
> Why wasn't this action added to the context menu on the test results
> that already has related items like 'History', 'Store results', 'Show
> progress'?
>
> Because the issue was "Button in TestRunner to fileout the test results" :)
>
> For myself, I don't really care. Anyone for context menu ?

yes

the idea is that doing and making mistake is more important than talking
so we are allowed to change and fix :)

> Laurent
>

> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Test Runner 'File out results' button

Mariano Martinez Peck
maybe becaue it is not very user friendly?? I wasn't completly aware at all. I was 5 minutes trying to see where to do the double click.

Do you think that this is user friendly? why would you click on an empty area?

are we talking about the same?

I attach screenshot

Cheers

mariano

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 2, 2010, at 5:14 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Recently the button 'File out results' was added to the test runner.
>
> I find this button extremely annoying because it is something i don't
> use daily and it doesn't fit into the group of run-action like all the
> other buttons. I keep on accidentally clicking it.
>
> Why wasn't this action added to the context menu on the test results
> that already has related items like 'History', 'Store results', 'Show
> progress'?
>
> Because the issue was "Button in TestRunner to fileout the test results" :)
>
> For myself, I don't really care. Anyone for context menu ?

yes

the idea is that doing and making mistake is more important than talking
so we are allowed to change and fix :)

> Laurent
>

> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Screen shot 2010-08-02 at 10.16.01 PM.png (134K) Download Attachment