Test Runner: Walkback when storing result as progress reference

bpi

Test Runner: Walkback when storing result as progress reference

bpi
I just tripped over a walkback when clicking on the menu item „Store result as progress reference“ in the Test Runner after having run all tests in a Pharo 6.1 (stable) image created by PharoLauncher 1.0.1 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers,
Bernhard

OpalEncoderForV3PlusClosures(Object)>>error:
OpalEncoderForV3PlusClosures(OpalBytecodeEncoder)>>outOfRangeError:index:range:to:
OpalEncoderForV3PlusClosures(OpalEncoderForV3)>>genPushLiteral:
IRBytecodeGenerator>>pushLiteral:
IRTranslatorV2>>visitPushLiteral:
IRPushLiteral>>accept:
IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitNode:
IRTranslatorV2>>visitInstruction:
[ :instr | self visitInstruction: instr ] in IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitSequence: in Block: [ :instr | self visitInstruction: instr ]
OrderedCollection>>do:
IRSequence>>do:
IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitSequence:
IRTranslatorV2>>visitSequence:
IRSequence>>accept:
IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitNode:
[ :each | self visitNode: each ] in IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitNodes: in Block: [ :each | self visitNode: each ]
SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitNodes:
IRTranslatorV2>>visitSequences:
IRTranslatorV2>>visitMethod:
IRMethod>>accept:
IRTranslatorV2(IRVisitor)>>visitNode:
IRMethod>>generate:
IRMethod>>compiledMethodWith:
RBMethodNode>>generate:
[ [ ast := self parse.
self doSemanticAnalysis.
self callPlugins ]
        on: OCSourceCodeChanged
        do: [ :notification |
                self source: notification newSourceCode.
                notification retry ].
cm := ast generate: self compilationContext compiledMethodTrailer ] in OpalCompiler>>compile in Block: [ [ ast := self parse....
BlockClosure>>on:do:
OpalCompiler>>compile
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:withStamp:notifying:logSource:
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:withStamp:notifying:

Re: Test Runner: Walkback when storing result as progress reference

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

That feature is implemented  in a way that it compiles code. Now if the amount of information it wants to store is large,
it tries to compile code that is beyond the limits of the current byte code set (too many literals).

Two things to try:

        -> enable the new bytecode set, it has larger limits.
        -> rewrite the feature to store the information differently (e.g. in nested arrays)
        -> maybe we should even remove the feature as it is not used a lot.

        Marcus