[Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

[Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

The command shell installation into Squeak 5.2a through SqueakMap
gives the following error message

      Preferences class>>#setWindowColorFor:to: has been deprecated.
      Configure UI themes directly.

     Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

--Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

Hannes Hirzel
And in addition this error message pops up

SequenceableCollection>>#upTo: has been deprecated. Use #copyUpTo:

On 10/4/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> The command shell installation into Squeak 5.2a through SqueakMap
> gives the following error message
>

>       Preferences class>>#setWindowColorFor:to: has been deprecated.
>       Configure UI themes directly.
>
>      Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the
> operation.
>

> --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

Hannes Hirzel
And if I use the

    sls

in a Squeak shell window, I get

DirectoryEntry>>#at: has been deprecated. old-style access to DirectoryEntry

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

On 10/4/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And in addition this error message pops up
>
> SequenceableCollection>>#upTo: has been deprecated. Use #copyUpTo:
>
> Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.
>
> On 10/4/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> The command shell installation into Squeak 5.2a through SqueakMap
>> gives the following error message
>>

>>       Preferences class>>#setWindowColorFor:to: has been deprecated.
>>       Configure UI themes directly.
>>
>>      Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the
>> operation.
>>

>> --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

David T. Lewis
Thank Hannes,

Sorry about that. I can't find a way to delete that bad squeakmap
release entry, so it may need to stay that way for a couple of days.
I will follow up as soon as I can.

Dave

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 02:33:45PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:

> And in addition this error message pops up
>
> SequenceableCollection>>#upTo: has been deprecated. Use #copyUpTo:
>
> Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.
>
> On 10/4/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > The command shell installation into Squeak 5.2a through SqueakMap
> > gives the following error message
> >

> >       Preferences class>>#setWindowColorFor:to: has been deprecated.
> >       Configure UI themes directly.
> >
> >      Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the
> > operation.
> >

> > --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

David T. Lewis
Hi Hannes,

I do not knnow what is wrong. The SqueakMap entries for Refactoring Tools,
AST, ImageFormat, CommandShell, and OSProcess all show the problem that
you describe.  The other entries for MQTT4Squeak, NuScratch, NuScratchGPIO,
and Rasperry Pi BPIO Support are working correctly, and the SqueakMap
Package Loader shows them correctly pointing to a specific release version.

I don't know the cause of this problem or how to fix it.

Note, the actual entries for OSProcess 5.2 and CommandShell 5.2 will load
correctly, and do not have the deprecation warnings that you saw. The
deprecation warnings came from SqueakMap loading an older release.

Dave

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 10:26:11AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Thank Hannes,
>
> Sorry about that. I can't find a way to delete that bad squeakmap
> release entry, so it may need to stay that way for a couple of days.
> I will follow up as soon as I can.
>
> Dave
>

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 02:33:45PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
> > And in addition this error message pops up
> >
> > SequenceableCollection>>#upTo: has been deprecated. Use #copyUpTo:
> >
> > Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.
> >
> > On 10/4/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > The command shell installation into Squeak 5.2a through SqueakMap
> > > gives the following error message
> > >

> > >       Preferences class>>#setWindowColorFor:to: has been deprecated.
> > >       Configure UI themes directly.
> > >
> > >      Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the
> > > operation.
> > >

> > > --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation

Hannes Hirzel
Hello David

I did the test again. This time selecting the '5.2.' entry - see
screen shot. The problem did not occur.

Maybe it is or was an issue with the 'head' script

SqueakMap Publishing Guidelines
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182

--Hannes

On 10/5/18, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Hannes,
>
> I do not knnow what is wrong. The SqueakMap entries for Refactoring Tools,
> AST, ImageFormat, CommandShell, and OSProcess all show the problem that
> you describe.  The other entries for MQTT4Squeak, NuScratch, NuScratchGPIO,
> and Rasperry Pi BPIO Support are working correctly, and the SqueakMap
> Package Loader shows them correctly pointing to a specific release version.
>
> I don't know the cause of this problem or how to fix it.
>
> Note, the actual entries for OSProcess 5.2 and CommandShell 5.2 will load
> correctly, and do not have the deprecation warnings that you saw. The
> deprecation warnings came from SqueakMap loading an older release.
>
> Dave
>

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 10:26:11AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
>> Thank Hannes,
>>
>> Sorry about that. I can't find a way to delete that bad squeakmap
>> release entry, so it may need to stay that way for a couple of days.
>> I will follow up as soon as I can.
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 02:33:45PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> > And in addition this error message pops up
>> >
>> > SequenceableCollection>>#upTo: has been deprecated. Use #copyUpTo:
>> >
>> > Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the
>> > operation.

SqueakMap_loading_CommandShell_into_5.2_beta_Screenshot_2018-10-06.png (170K) Download Attachment

SqueakMap loader not finding packages for 5.2 (was: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation)

David T. Lewis
Changing the subject line because the problem appears to affect
all packages tagged for Squeak 5.2.

In my earlier reply, I said that some of the packages, such as
NQTT4Squeak, look right. But on closer look, I see this in
the package list:

   > MQTT4Squeak (->Version23)

And when I expand the package, I can see that the latest version
listed for Squeak 5.2 is Version24. So this does not look right
either. The NuScratch and NuScratchGPIO packages have the same
problem.

I tried loading the MQTT package, and after proceeding through
the warning, confirmed that it loaded Version23 rather than
the Version24 that appears to be the intended 5.2 package.

Dave

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 06:12:00AM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello David
>
> I did the test again. This time selecting the '5.2.' entry - see
> screen shot. The problem did not occur.
>
> Maybe it is or was an issue with the 'head' script
>
> SqueakMap Publishing Guidelines
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182
>
> --Hannes
>

> On 10/5/18, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Hannes,
> >
> > I do not knnow what is wrong. The SqueakMap entries for Refactoring Tools,
> > AST, ImageFormat, CommandShell, and OSProcess all show the problem that
> > you describe.  The other entries for MQTT4Squeak, NuScratch, NuScratchGPIO,
> > and Rasperry Pi BPIO Support are working correctly, and the SqueakMap
> > Package Loader shows them correctly pointing to a specific release version.
> >
> > I don't know the cause of this problem or how to fix it.
> >
> > Note, the actual entries for OSProcess 5.2 and CommandShell 5.2 will load
> > correctly, and do not have the deprecation warnings that you saw. The
> > deprecation warnings came from SqueakMap loading an older release.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 10:26:11AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >> Thank Hannes,
> >>
> >> Sorry about that. I can't find a way to delete that bad squeakmap
> >> release entry, so it may need to stay that way for a couple of days.
> >> I will follow up as soon as I can.
> >>
> >> Dave

Re: SqueakMap loader not finding packages for 5.2 (was: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation)

Chris Muller-3
They're both tagged with "Squeak 5.2", and Version23 is "published"
while 24 isn't.  You could either fix that or remove the 5.2 tag from
Version 23.  The SqueakMap Catalog is currently programmed to look for
hte latest with the 'published' flag.

Not all packages are affected, but here are the ones which are tagged
with "Squeak5.2" and you can easily see which ones have multiple
releases.

  http://map.squeak.org/category/ff2fd2bd-d94c-481f-b6f7-d59955335fc6

I can't remember what the purpose of the 'published' flag is at the
moment, but don't have time to think abou tit.  There's a new version
of SMLoader in the Inbox which begins to ignore that flag, but let's
think about and discuss this first before putting it in trunk, please.

 - Chris

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 10:11 AM David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Changing the subject line because the problem appears to affect
> all packages tagged for Squeak 5.2.
>
> In my earlier reply, I said that some of the packages, such as
> NQTT4Squeak, look right. But on closer look, I see this in
> the package list:
>
>    > MQTT4Squeak (->Version23)
>
> And when I expand the package, I can see that the latest version
> listed for Squeak 5.2 is Version24. So this does not look right
> either. The NuScratch and NuScratchGPIO packages have the same
> problem.
>
> I tried loading the MQTT package, and after proceeding through
> the warning, confirmed that it loaded Version23 rather than
> the Version24 that appears to be the intended 5.2 package.
>
> Dave
>

> On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 06:12:00AM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
> > Hello David
> >
> > I did the test again. This time selecting the '5.2.' entry - see
> > screen shot. The problem did not occur.
> >
> > Maybe it is or was an issue with the 'head' script
> >
> > SqueakMap Publishing Guidelines
> > http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182
> >
> > --Hannes
> >

> > On 10/5/18, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Hannes,
> > >
> > > I do not knnow what is wrong. The SqueakMap entries for Refactoring Tools,
> > > AST, ImageFormat, CommandShell, and OSProcess all show the problem that
> > > you describe.  The other entries for MQTT4Squeak, NuScratch, NuScratchGPIO,
> > > and Rasperry Pi BPIO Support are working correctly, and the SqueakMap
> > > Package Loader shows them correctly pointing to a specific release version.
> > >
> > > I don't know the cause of this problem or how to fix it.
> > >
> > > Note, the actual entries for OSProcess 5.2 and CommandShell 5.2 will load
> > > correctly, and do not have the deprecation warnings that you saw. The
> > > deprecation warnings came from SqueakMap loading an older release.
> > >
> > > Dave

Re: SqueakMap loader not finding packages for 5.2 (was: [Test][Squeak5.2beta] CommandShell installation)

timrowledge

> On 2018-10-06, at 1:04 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> They're both tagged with "Squeak 5.2", and Version23 is "published"
> while 24 isn't.

Dang; evidently I forgot to set that. Fixed now.

It really would be nicer if the entire job could be done from a single tool instead of having to bounce around.

tim
Strange OpCodes: HSJ: Hop, Skip and Jump

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 01:35:58PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 2018-10-06, at 1:04 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > They're both tagged with "Squeak 5.2", and Version23 is "published"
> > while 24 isn't.
>
> Dang; evidently I forgot to set that. Fixed now.

Thanks Chris, that's what I was missing. The packages needed to be
published from http://map.squeak.org.

Hopefully it's fixed for OSProcess and CommandShell now also.

Dave