Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg
Lots of bug fixes etc in this
Probably some awful misses by me ;-)

http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Enjoy

Karl

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Bert Freudenberg
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g., when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen. You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version). The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE. The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation). The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)

- Bert -

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Xin Wang
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip
>
> Enjoy
> Karl

Thanks, Karl.

I download and have a try, it seems that Chinese font package added by
this commit (http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2011-May/006142.html)
is missing from this package.

And, could following issues be integrated in 4.1.2?

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-876
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-879
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-930

--
Xin Wang

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg
I'll add these fixes.
Slowly learning how to maneuver this ship :-)

Karl

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Xin Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip
>
> Enjoy
> Karl

Thanks, Karl.

I download and have a try, it seems that Chinese font package added by
this commit (http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2011-May/006142.html)
is missing from this package.

And, could following issues be integrated in 4.1.2?

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-876
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-879
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-930

--
Xin Wang

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg
Thanks Bert
Lots of details here I'm not aware of and don't be afraid to nit-pic :-)
Karl

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g., when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen. You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version). The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE. The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation). The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)

- Bert -

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g.,
when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen.
Ok

You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version).
I started with a clean image, not sure how to remove repo info

The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE.

Ok

The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation).
Ok
The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

I guess this will be explained in the write up :-)

On 24.05.2011, at 22:03, karl ramberg wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g.,
when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen.
Ok

You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version).
I started with a clean image, not sure how to remove repo info

The repo info only gets added when you say "yes" after updating. This loads additional packages, not just your published updates.

The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE.

Ok

The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation).
Ok
The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

I guess this will be explained in the write up :-)

Ah well. Yes. You also can just do GetTextExporter exportTemplates (or something like that) ;)

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)

Ok

- Bert -

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg
I have a issue with Monticello and Kedama.
I updated project Particle dye in water, but noticed that this adds Kedama players in a category: 'Morphic-Imported'

Should I just ignore this ?

I'm not quite sure how to fix it...

Karl

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 24.05.2011, at 22:03, karl ramberg wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g.,
when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen.
Ok

You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version).
I started with a clean image, not sure how to remove repo info

The repo info only gets added when you say "yes" after updating. This loads additional packages, not just your published updates.

The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE.

Ok

The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation).
Ok
The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

I guess this will be explained in the write up :-)

Ah well. Yes. You also can just do GetTextExporter exportTemplates (or something like that) ;)

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)

Ok

- Bert -

Re: Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Karl Ramberg
Found it:
ReleaseBuilder new cleanUpEtoys

Karl

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a issue with Monticello and Kedama.
I updated project Particle dye in water, but noticed that this adds Kedama players in a category: 'Morphic-Imported'

Should I just ignore this ?

I'm not quite sure how to fix it...

Karl

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 24.05.2011, at 22:03, karl ramberg wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g.,
when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen.
Ok

You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version).
I started with a clean image, not sure how to remove repo info

The repo info only gets added when you say "yes" after updating. This loads additional packages, not just your published updates.

The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE.

Ok

The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation).
Ok
The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

I guess this will be explained in the write up :-)

Ah well. Yes. You also can just do GetTextExporter exportTemplates (or something like that) ;)

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)

Ok

- Bert -

Category for user objects

Bert Freudenberg
We might also want to change the category for Kedama players.

declareAndPossiblyRename: only checks for #Player as superclass name. Since Kedama uses a different Player class, this falls back to the 'Morphic-Imported' category. At least that's what I think is happening.

IMHO we should change those categories to not collide with the MC package names. Either put everything into "Object categoryForUniclasses", or have multiple categories as previously, but use a distinct name. E.g. 'UserObjects-Morphic', 'UserObjects-Etoys', 'UserObjects-Balloon3D'.

Opinions?

- Bert -

On 27.05.2011, at 00:38, karl ramberg wrote:

> Found it:
> ReleaseBuilder new cleanUpEtoys
>
> Karl
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have a issue with Monticello and Kedama.
>> I updated project Particle dye in water, but noticed that this adds Kedama players in a category: 'Morphic-Imported'
>>
>> Should I just ignore this ?
>>
>> I'm not quite sure how to fix it...
>>
>> Karl

Re: Category for user objects

Karl Ramberg
A distinct package name would be nice
I got confuced when Morphic package got changed

EtoysUserScripts would be quite descriptive

Karl

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
We might also want to change the category for Kedama players.

declareAndPossiblyRename: only checks for #Player as superclass name. Since Kedama uses a different Player class, this falls back to the 'Morphic-Imported' category. At least that's what I think is happening.

IMHO we should change those categories to not collide with the MC package names. Either put everything into "Object categoryForUniclasses", or have multiple categories as previously, but use a distinct name. E.g. 'UserObjects-Morphic', 'UserObjects-Etoys', 'UserObjects-Balloon3D'.

Opinions?

- Bert -

On 27.05.2011, at 00:38, karl ramberg wrote:

> Found it:
> ReleaseBuilder new cleanUpEtoys
>
> Karl
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have a issue with Monticello and Kedama.
>> I updated project Particle dye in water, but noticed that this adds Kedama players in a category: 'Morphic-Imported'
>>
>> Should I just ignore this ?
>>
>> I'm not quite sure how to fix it...
>>
>> Karl

Re: Category for user objects

Bert Freudenberg
Then maybe UserObjects-Etoys and UserObjects-Kedama? Or lump them together? There are already some Kedama players in the existing "UserObjects" category.

If it were up to me I probably would just put everything under "UserObjects" for simplicity.

"#cleanUpEtoys" of course removes all projects. To make a release image you should use, which includes the cleanup call:

ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new prepareReleaseImage

- Bert -