Test submission ...

Dennis smith-4
Sorry about that, but I have not been getting things from this list it
seems since
our office moved, so I am testing again.

--
Dennis Smith                                     +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948
(new address and fax number effective January 22, 2007)

Yikes--I've lost all the changes that I made in VW in the last day or so

Randysiler
Hi all,
        I'm very new to VisualWorks, just starting to get my feet wet with
VWNC, and I just discovered after restarting my Mac that it seems
that I've lost all the changes that I made in VW in the last day or
so. I don't know how it happened but apparently the image didn't get
saved.
I guess I've gotten quite used to being able to restart and have the
OS prompt me to save anything unsaved, but I don't know.

        The real question is: I'm wondering if I might somehow get my work
back? I seem to remember from a long time ago something like a change
log that could be reread to make all the changes again and that this
was a mechanism for recovering from a crash. Is there something like
this and could anyone tell me how to do it?

        I was really really pleased with what I had done that last day and
would dearly love to get it back.

Thanks much,
Randy

RE: Yikes--I've lost all the changes that I made in VW in the last day or so

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
From the launcher, pick Tools-Change List (F7) then via the File menu
you do one of the following,

- Recover last changes
  Opens a change set up since last time you saved your image
- Recover changes...
  Prompts to pick a snapshot point from which to start

Then you should be able to do Replay All - From the Top, although you
may need to exclude some first, like 'doit' by clicking on any of them,
selecting 'type' checkbox, right-clicking and picking Remove All,
unselecting 'type' checkbox and only then doing Replay All - From the
Top.

So long as you haven't deleted your .cha file or saved some other .cha
file over top, you should be able to recover all of your changes.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322