Testing Help Needed

Steve Thomas
Folks, Karl has been resolving too many issues too quickly.  Pretty soon he will have nothing left to do!!!

Besides, as per Bert's email we have a freeze coming up.  So it would be good to test the changes (CMD-, or Alt-,  click on help, then click on update code from server, to get the latest).

Stephen

Re: Testing Help Needed

Bert Freudenberg

On 18.05.2011, at 23:27, Steve Thomas wrote:

Folks, Karl has been resolving too many issues too quickly.  Pretty soon he will have nothing left to do!!!

Besides, as per Bert's email we have a freeze coming up.  So it would be good to test the changes (CMD-, or Alt-,  click on help, then click on update code from server, to get the latest).

I think we should make an alpha release for testing.

Karl, can you send me the output of

htpasswd -mn kfr

so I can add you to the SVN committers? Also, if you attach your ssh pubkey (id_rsa.pub) I can make you an admin for etoys.squeak.org.

I'll try to write up how to make an Etoys release ...

- Bert -

Re: Testing Help Needed

Casey Ransberger-2
Meant to send this to the whole list, forwarding back in that direction.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
inline

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think we should make an alpha release for testing.

+ 1 new Etoys!!

I'll try to write up how to make an Etoys release ...

+ 1 build instructions!!

- Bert -

When you guys feel like most of the obvious bugs are fixed (I don't like finding obvious bugs,) let me know if there are any particular areas that you're concerned about and I'll take a day out to bang on them.

--
Casey Ransberger

What I said right there ^

--
Casey Ransberger

Re: Testing Help Needed

Rita Freudenberg
Can we test the new version on the XO, too? NExt week, when we are at Squeakfest?

Greetings,
Rita
Am 19.05.2011 um 20:44 schrieb Casey Ransberger:

> Meant to send this to the whole list, forwarding back in that direction.
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> inline
>

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think we should make an alpha release for testing.
>
> + 1 new Etoys!!
>
> I'll try to write up how to make an Etoys release ...
>
> + 1 build instructions!!
>
> - Bert -
>
> When you guys feel like most of the obvious bugs are fixed (I don't like finding obvious bugs,) let me know if there are any particular areas that you're concerned about and I'll take a day out to bang on them.
>
> --
> Casey Ransberger
>
> What I said right there ^
>
> --
> Casey Ransberger

Rita Freudenberg

Re: Testing Help Needed

Bert Freudenberg
Yes, but not easily, because Uruguay's XOs are locked.

The Etoys Sugar Activity has a provision for running a "developer version" from a USB pen-drive though. It looks for "etoys.image" in a folder named "olpc-dev" on startup. So if Karl or someone else makes alpha version until next week, you could try that.

- Bert -