Testing moose (roassal)

DiegoLont
Hi all,

We are checking the build server for failed tests, checking what the problem is:
        I found problems in Glamour. It used a wrong symbol in its configuration, that caused CollectionExtensions not to load. It caused test fails in GToolkit.

        I found problems with method categories. There are some tests, that are more or less roassal tests, or at least use roassal, so do not belong in Moose-Algos. I think some methods should be moved to *roassal-paintings … or maybe *roassal-moose-algos and the tests should move along with them. I cannot write in roassal,
if someone gives me a good method category and write access to roassal, I will move these methods.

        I found failed tests in Orion, but it looks like we caused them with our change in moose entity, so I will take a closer look and fix it, or write another mail.

Cheers,
Stephan and Diego

Re: Testing moose (Orion)

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Ok, fixing orion is beyond me. At least beyond me to fix today. I can see it uses a moose model to store entities in, but how the moose name is build is a bit hazy. I made some small fixes that allows most of the tests to run, but now there are some failing tests left, that I do not know what exactly causes them.

If someone more into Orion can take a look, I would appreciate that.

Cheers,
Diego

On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Diego Lont wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are checking the build server for failed tests, checking what the problem is:
> I found problems in Glamour. It used a wrong symbol in its configuration, that caused CollectionExtensions not to load. It caused test fails in GToolkit.
>
> I found problems with method categories. There are some tests, that are more or less roassal tests, or at least use roassal, so do not belong in Moose-Algos. I think some methods should be moved to *roassal-paintings … or maybe *roassal-moose-algos and the tests should move along with them. I cannot write in roassal,
> if someone gives me a good method category and write access to roassal, I will move these methods.
>
> I found failed tests in Orion, but it looks like we caused them with our change in moose entity, so I will take a closer look and fix it, or write another mail.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan and Diego

Re: Testing moose (Orion)

Anne Etien
Hi,

I reverted your fix and corrected all the tests in Orion (without touching Moose).
So normally everything is back to normal.

Anne
Le 20 sept. 2013 à 16:58, Diego Lont a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Ok, fixing orion is beyond me. At least beyond me to fix today. I can see it uses a moose model to store entities in, but how the moose name is build is a bit hazy. I made some small fixes that allows most of the tests to run, but now there are some failing tests left, that I do not know what exactly causes them.
>
> If someone more into Orion can take a look, I would appreciate that.
>
> Cheers,
> Diego
>
> On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Diego Lont wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are checking the build server for failed tests, checking what the problem is:
>> I found problems in Glamour. It used a wrong symbol in its configuration, that caused CollectionExtensions not to load. It caused test fails in GToolkit.
>>
>> I found problems with method categories. There are some tests, that are more or less roassal tests, or at least use roassal, so do not belong in Moose-Algos. I think some methods should be moved to *roassal-paintings … or maybe *roassal-moose-algos and the tests should move along with them. I cannot write in roassal,
>> if someone gives me a good method category and write access to roassal, I will move these methods.
>>
>> I found failed tests in Orion, but it looks like we caused them with our change in moose entity, so I will take a closer look and fix it, or write another mail.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stephan and Diego

Re: Testing moose (roassal)

abergel
I've used Moose to find out what are these dependencies. Here is what I have done.
Doru, I can write an entry on your blog if you wish.

Problem: Some packages related to the Algorithm have wrongly packaged dependencies. This create problem when these algos are loaded and not Roassal.

A solution to this problem:
1 - I've open a Moose panel, imported all the packages that match *Algo* and *Roassal-*
2 - Open a Roassal easel on the model packages and do it the following visualization:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| ps moosePaks roassalPaks lbl |
ps := packageGroup select: [ :p | p name beginsWith: 'Moose' ].
moosePaks := view node: 'Moose' forIt:
[
view shape rectangle size: #numberOfClasses.
view interaction action: #inspect.
view nodes: ps ].
ROConstraint stick: (lbl := (ROLabel text: 'Moose') element) onTheRightOf: moosePaks.
view raw add: lbl.

roassalPaks := view node: 'Roassal' forIt:
[
view shape rectangle size: #numberOfClasses.
view nodes: (packageGroup select: [ :p | p name beginsWith: 'Roassal' ]) ].
ROConstraint stick: (lbl := (ROLabel text: 'Roassal') element) onTheRightOf: roassalPaks.
view raw add: lbl.

view shape bezierLine color: Color red.
view interaction item: 'browse' action: [ :assoc | (assoc key methods select: [ :m | m querySureOutgoingInvocations atPackageScope includes: assoc value ] ) inspect ].
view edges: ps from: #yourself toAll: [ :p | p querySureOutgoingInvocations atPackageScope ].
view verticalLineLayout center verticalGap: 100.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I obtain the following screenshot:

Right clicking on a line gives me the list of culprit methods. This view is handy I've find.

3 - I have manually repackaged the culprit methods. For examples, some methods deserved to be move in some of the Roassal packages

4 - I imported again the new version of the packages, run the visualization and I get:

5 - Again, I have inspected each edge, and fixed the problem. The final visualization is

Problem solved!

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Testing moose (roassal)

Stephan Eggermont-3
Alexandre wrote:
> Problem: Some packages related to the Algorithm have wrongly packaged dependencies. This create problem when these algos are loaded and not Roassal.
>
> A solution to this problem:
> 1 - I've open a Moose panel, imported all the packages that match *Algo* and *Roassal-*
> 2 - Open a Roassal easel on the model packages and do it the following visualization:

Beautiful! I've learned something today.

Stephan

Re: Testing moose (roassal)

Tudor Girba-2
Beautiful. Thanks a lot!

And yes, I would be interested in hosting a blog post on this.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Testing moose (roassal)

abergel
What should I do? Do you have the credential for creating a post blog for me?

Alexandre

On 22 Sep 2013, at 08:30, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 9.23.46 AM.png>

Right clicking on a line gives me the list of culprit methods. This view is handy I've find.

3 - I have manually repackaged the culprit methods. For examples, some methods deserved to be move in some of the Roassal packages

4 - I imported again the new version of the packages, run the visualization and I get:

<Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 9.47.55 AM.png>

5 - Again, I have inspected each edge, and fixed the problem. The final visualization is
<Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 9.49.24 AM.png>

[...]

Thx Anne,

I have looked at your fix, and realized that I did not ask the correct question at the MooseState. I now introduced the message: "hasMooseModel" instead of testing wether the model is nil. So it is no longer necessary to set the name after adding it to the model. Running the tests however proved that I did not do it properly, as some tests fail again.

I think you should revert this part of your fix, since the cache is updated when you set a name of an object after you add this to the model. And when I understand your code correctly you now set the name after adding it to the model each time a new Orion object is added. This might be slow. But this would mean, that the storage also needs some revising.

Cheers,
Diego

On Sep 20, 2013, at 6:56 PM, Anne Etien wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I reverted your fix and corrected all the tests in Orion (without touching Moose).
> So normally everything is back to normal.
>
> Anne
> Le 20 sept. 2013 à 16:58, Diego Lont a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Ok, fixing orion is beyond me. At least beyond me to fix today. I can see it uses a moose model to store entities in, but how the moose name is build is a bit hazy. I made some small fixes that allows most of the tests to run, but now there are some failing tests left, that I do not know what exactly causes them.
>>
>> If someone more into Orion can take a look, I would appreciate that.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Diego
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Diego Lont wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We are checking the build server for failed tests, checking what the problem is:
>>> I found problems in Glamour. It used a wrong symbol in its configuration, that caused CollectionExtensions not to load. It caused test fails in GToolkit.
>>>
>>> I found problems with method categories. There are some tests, that are more or less roassal tests, or at least use roassal, so do not belong in Moose-Algos. I think some methods should be moved to *roassal-paintings … or maybe *roassal-moose-algos and the tests should move along with them. I cannot write in roassal,
>>> if someone gives me a good method category and write access to roassal, I will move these methods.
>>>
>>> I found failed tests in Orion, but it looks like we caused them with our change in moose entity, so I will take a closer look and fix it, or write another mail.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Stephan and Diego

Re: Testing moose (roassal)

DiegoLont
Alexandre,

Nice demo of using our own tools to improve our tools.

Unfortunately the build is still yellow and when I look at it, it looks like the test methods have not been moved. Did your analysis include the test packages? Can you take another look? Thanks!

Cheers,
Diego