Testmentor alternatives

METEYER Nicolas
Hi,

Currently working on an automation project under Testmentor, I'd like to know if there's any other solution for automating tests on Smalltalk based applications.
I've heard about an addin for Quick Test Pro, but I didn't find any feedback.
Can anyone bring me some experiments about Testmentor's alternatives please?

Regards,

METEYER Nicolas

Re: Testmentor alternatives

Niall Ross
Dear Nicolas,
    (I'm not sure if your emphasis is automation or UI testing or
point-and-click capture UI testing;  some information follows.)

1) You can use SUnit itself for UI testing;  my talk on that is in

http://www.esug.org/data/ReportsFromNiallRoss/nfrStS2007andVendorReports.pdf

Example tests are available (please advise which VW version you are using).

2) James Foster worked with a Smalltalk company that used WinRunner for
testing back in 2004.  His talk is described in my Smalltalk Solutions
2004 report at

http://www.esug.org/data/ReportsFromNiallRoss/Niall%20Ross%20StS2004%20report.pdf

3) David Buck wrote VWUnit and spoke of it at Smalltalk Solutions 2003:
details in

http://www.esug.org/data/ReportsFromNiallRoss/nfrStS2003%20report.pdf

HTH
          Yours faithfully