classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tests not recognized by the tester.

Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)

Hello All.

I have gone through the SUnit chapter in the PBE book.
I tried to do the same but the test runner doesn’t seem to recognize the test. I have noticed there are grey circles next to tests in other packages which is not the case in my test. There is nothing significant about the other classes. I have overridden the setup method. The class name shows the grey circle but not the tests.

Thanks

Mohammad

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tests not recognized by the tester.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Mohammad ,

If you subclass from TestCase and prefix your test methods with 'test', as in testPrinting they should be recognised.

Sven

On 04 Jun 2013, at 15:04, "Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  
> Hello All.
>  
> I have gone through the SUnit chapter in the PBE book.
> I tried to do the same but the test runner doesn’t seem to recognize the test. I have noticed there are grey circles next to tests in other packages which is not the case in my test. There is nothing significant about the other classes. I have overridden the setup method. The class name shows the grey circle but not the tests.
>  
> Thanks
> Mohammad

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tests not recognized by the tester.

Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)
So all tests have to start with test. It works now.
Its written in the book. I don't how I missed it :)

Thank you Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Pharo-users [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Sven Van Caekenberghe
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:12 PM
To: Any question about pharo is welcome
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Tests not recognized by the tester.

Mohammad ,

If you subclass from TestCase and prefix your test methods with 'test', as in testPrinting they should be recognised.

Sven

On 04 Jun 2013, at 15:04, "Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  
> Hello All.
>  
> I have gone through the SUnit chapter in the PBE book.
> I tried to do the same but the test runner doesn't seem to recognize the test. I have noticed there are grey circles next to tests in other packages which is not the case in my test. There is nothing significant about the other classes. I have overridden the setup method. The class name shows the grey circle but not the tests.
>  
> Thanks
> Mohammad

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill