Tests of OmniBrowser

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Colin!  I saw you were committing in the OmniBrowser tests. I am interested in loading these tests in Pharo (optionally). But I am not sure which packages to include and their state.

Right now, in our Pharo images we are loading the following packages from http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

    package: 'OmniBrowser';
    package: 'OB-Morphic';
    package: 'OB-Standard';
    package: 'OB-Refactory';
    package: 'OB-Regex';
    package: 'OB-SUnitIntegration';
    package: 'OB-Shout';

I saw the following tests packages:

OB-Tests-Core
OB-Tests-Morphic
OB-Tests-Standard

There are more related to the packages we are including?
should these test be all green?

Thank you very much.

Mariano

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Lukas Renggli
2009/12/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Colin!  I saw you were committing in the OmniBrowser tests. I am
> interested in loading these tests in Pharo (optionally). But I am not sure
> which packages to include and their state.

I spent quite some time to fix all Pharo related bugs in OB.

Also I fixed all the tests that were broken in Pharo (only if O2 is not loaded):

    546 run, 546 passes, 0 failures, 0 errors

> Right now, in our Pharo images we are loading the following packages from
> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

AFAIK, the updated code from
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser hasn't been merged into the
repository of Colin yet. I assume that will happen sometime soon.

> There are more related to the packages we are including?

See OB-Umbrella, this loads all code in the right order.

> should these test be all green?

Definitely. OB has an excellent test suite. The only problem in the
past was that nobody that changed things run and updated these tests.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Colin Putney

On 2009-12-28, at 10:09 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi Colin!  I saw you were committing in the OmniBrowser tests. I am interested in loading these tests in Pharo (optionally). But I am not sure which packages to include and their state.
>
> Right now, in our Pharo images we are loading the following packages from http://source.wiresong.ca/ob
>
>     package: 'OmniBrowser';
>     package: 'OB-Morphic';
>     package: 'OB-Standard';
>     package: 'OB-Refactory';
>     package: 'OB-Regex';
>     package: 'OB-SUnitIntegration';
>     package: 'OB-Shout';

Looks good.

> I saw the following tests packages:
>
> OB-Tests-Core
> OB-Tests-Morphic
> OB-Tests-Standard

Also good.

> There are more related to the packages we are including?

No. Only the core bits of OB are tested. There aren't any tests for the refactoring code or Shout.

> should these test be all green?

Yes. There might be platform issues, especially around Morphic, but aside from that, there should be no failures.

Colin

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Lukas Renggli
>> There are more related to the packages we are including?
>
> No. Only the core bits of OB are tested. There aren't any tests for the refactoring code or Shout.

The refactoring code is quite well tested with the tests of the
refactoring engine. The thing that is not tested is the RB integration
in OB: hounders of new commands and a couple of extra browsers. I am
sorry, I was too lazy to write these tests.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Stéphane Ducasse

On Dec 28, 2009, at 9:10 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> There are more related to the packages we are including?
>>
>> No. Only the core bits of OB are tested. There aren't any tests for the refactoring code or Shout.
>
> The refactoring code is quite well tested with the tests of the
> refactoring engine. The thing that is not tested is the RB integration
> in OB: hounders of new commands and a couple of extra browsers. I am
> sorry, I was too lazy to write these tests.

I do not why :)
Lukas the job that you are doing with RB is excellent!
Thanks for that!

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Adrian Kuhn
Lukas Renggli <renggli@...> writes:

> Definitely. OB has an excellent test suite. The only problem in the past was
> that nobody that changed things run and updated these tests.

Good point. When I have a fix for OB under pharo. What is the preferred
 process. So far I posted them on the bug tracker, is that okay?

--AA

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/12/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Colin!  I saw you were committing in the OmniBrowser tests. I am
> interested in loading these tests in Pharo (optionally). But I am not sure
> which packages to include and their state.

I spent quite some time to fix all Pharo related bugs in OB.

Also I fixed all the tests that were broken in Pharo (only if O2 is not loaded):

   546 run, 546 passes, 0 failures, 0 errors

This is really cool Lukas!

> Right now, in our Pharo images we are loading the following packages from
> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

AFAIK, the updated code from
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser hasn't been merged into the
repository of Colin yet. I assume that will happen sometime soon.

Colin: Right now we are building our official Pharo images using http://source.wiresong.ca/ob   repository, not http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser

Do you think that this can be merged ?

> There are more related to the packages we are including?

See OB-Umbrella, this loads all code in the right order.

> should these test be all green?

Definitely. OB has an excellent test suite. The only problem in the
past was that nobody that changed things run and updated these tests.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Lukas Renggli
> Good point. When I have a fix for OB under pharo. What is the preferred
>  process. So far I posted them on the bug tracker, is that okay?

OB has its bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/omnibrowser/>.

In the past people have been committing fixes to
http://source.wiresong.ca/ob. The problem with this approach was that
there is no control over what got integrated. People submitted changes
to wrong packages, untested changes, changes that broke the tests,
changes that broke the meta-model, or changes that simply broke some
browsers. Then people merged random branches and it was not clear what
to load, what worked and what didn't. I don't know what the take on
this is from Colin?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Adrian
you should send an email to lukas and david when you report a bug in OB or related
Apparently the mail on code.google.com/p/pharo does not reach lukas when you add it to the form.

Stef

On Dec 28, 2009, at 10:37 PM, Adrian Kuhn wrote:

> Lukas Renggli <renggli@...> writes:
>
>> Definitely. OB has an excellent test suite. The only problem in the past was
>> that nobody that changed things run and updated these tests.
>
> Good point. When I have a fix for OB under pharo. What is the preferred
> process. So far I posted them on the bug tracker, is that okay?
>
> --AA

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Lukas Renggli
> you should send an email to lukas and david when you report a bug in OB or related
> Apparently the mail on code.google.com/p/pharo does not reach lukas when you add it to the form.

It does now, I think.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Tests of OmniBrowser

Colin Putney

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> There are more related to the packages we are including?
>>
>> No. Only the core bits of OB are tested. There aren't any tests for the refactoring code or Shout.
>
> The refactoring code is quite well tested with the tests of the
> refactoring engine. The thing that is not tested is the RB integration
> in OB: hounders of new commands and a couple of extra browsers. I am
> sorry, I was too lazy to write these tests.
>
> Lukas

Oh, of course, I should have mentioned this in my reply to Mariano. If you're running a test suite to ensure that OB is working, it should include all the Refactory tests. BTW, no disrespect intended. I'm very glad to have refactoring integration in OB, tests or no tests!

Colin