Text Area very slow with lots of data

Ryan Simmons-2
I have noticed that submitting a text area that contains allot of data (about 1 mb) it takes an incredibly long time to submit about 20 minutes.
The same text area submits in a few seconds on Pharo.

We are using Seaside 2.8. this test was conducted with both Pharo and Gemstone running on the local machine.

Is this a known bug?

Re: Text Area very slow with lots of data

Dale Henrichs
Ryan Simmons wrote:
> I have noticed that submitting a text area that contains allot of data (about 1 mb) it takes an incredibly long time to submit about 20 minutes.
> The same text area submits in a few seconds on Pharo.
>
> We are using Seaside 2.8. this test was conducted with both Pharo and Gemstone running on the local machine.
>
> Is this a known bug?

It has not been reported ... could you report the bug
(http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/list) and provide details like
whether you are using Hyper or FastCGI and which external web server you
may be using.

Including a simple example component would help ...

Also more details about which version of GemStone/GLASS/Seaside you are
using would help as well.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Ryan Simmons wrote:
>> I have noticed that submitting a text area that contains allot of data (about 1 mb) it takes an incredibly long time to submit about 20 minutes.
>> The same text area submits in a few seconds on Pharo.
>>
>> We are using Seaside 2.8. this test was conducted with both Pharo and Gemstone running on the local machine.
>>
>> Is this a known bug?
>>

> It has not been reported ... could you report the bug
> (http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/list) and provide details like
> whether you are using Hyper or FastCGI and which external web server you
> may be using.
>
> Including a simple example component would help ...
>
> Also more details about which version of GemStone/GLASS/Seaside you are
> using would help as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dale

Ryan,

I've got a proposed fix in Seaside 2.8.4.7:

   Gofer project load: 'Seaside28' version: '2.8.4.7'.

If this works for you I'll release 2.8.4.7 and mark Issue 120
(http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=120) fixed.

Thanks for the detailed info in your bug report, I was able to quickly
isolate and fix the problem.

Dale