Text Field With Entry Completion Via Tab

Text Field With Entry Completion Via Tab

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
With all the new tools - Spec, Brick, Tx, etc - what is the easiest way to do this in Pharo 4.0? I don't have a preference for the tool as long is it works in Morphic.

My naive attempt failed:

applicants := PaPerson list collect: #name.
        entryCompletion := EntryCompletion new
                dataSourceBlock: [ :currText | applicants ];
                filterBlock: [ :currApplicant :currText | currApplicant asUppercase includesSubstring: currText asString asUppercase ].
TextInputFieldModel new
        acceptOnCR: false;
        entryCompletion: entryCompletion;
openWithSpec.

The completion menu appears, but is seems you can only accept the selected completion via the mouse - yuck!

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Text Field With Entry Completion Via Tab

Nicolai Hess

With all the new tools - Spec, Brick, Tx, etc - what is the easiest way to do
this in Pharo 4.0? I don't have a preference for the tool as long is it
works in Morphic.

My naive attempt failed:

applicants := PaPerson list collect: #name.
        entryCompletion := EntryCompletion new
                dataSourceBlock: [ :currText | applicants ];
                filterBlock: [ :currApplicant :currText | currApplicant asUppercase
includesSubstring: currText asString asUppercase ].
TextInputFieldModel new
        acceptOnCR: false;
        entryCompletion: entryCompletion;
openWithSpec.

The completion menu appears, but is seems you can only accept the selected
completion via the mouse - yuck!

you can select an entry with arrow up/down and the enter key should accept the selected
completion entry.

Thanks.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Text Field With Entry Completion Via Tab

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Nicolai Hess wrote
you can select an entry with arrow up/down and the enter key should accept
the selected completion entry.
Ah, yes I see that now. I wanted tab completion, but it's not worth the effort. I did a spike and it required a handful of subclasses. Enter will do for now.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Text Field With Entry Completion Via Tab

Peter Uhnak
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nicolai Hess wrote
> you can select an entry with arrow up/down and the enter key should accept
> the selected completion entry.

Ah, yes I see that now. I wanted tab completion, but it's not worth the
effort. I did a spike and it required a handful of subclasses. Enter will do
for now.

Tab is used to jump between widgets in a window (just like in browser).
Unfortunately this is handled in morphic so it would really require to modify the stack (spec + adapter + morphic).

On another note: EntryCompletion seems to be Morphic widget... so maybe we should write some equivalent/wrapper for Spec?

Peter