Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there. :-)

In the last two days, I had fun with text selections. You can now drag a selection and drop it somewhere in a(nother) text morph --- if you enable the preference "Draggable Text Selections". As usual, hold [SHIFT] for copy, otherwise it will move.

I also changed TransferMorph to make use of UI themes. You might have to rebuilt your themes via "UserInterfaceTheme cleanUp: true" to see the change.

That's all for this year. :-) Merry Christmas everybody!

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: Please forgive my strange mail application to prefix this list with "Hanh Ho Si via". I am still in the process of figuring out how to control it.

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:15:20AM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Hi, there. :-)
>
> In the last two days, I had fun with text selections. You can now drag a selection and drop it somewhere in a(nother) text morph --- if you enable the preference "Draggable Text Selections". As usual, hold [SHIFT] for copy, otherwise it will move.
>

> I also changed TransferMorph to make use of UI themes. You might have to rebuilt your themes via "UserInterfaceTheme cleanUp: true" to see the change.
>
> That's all for this year. :-) Merry Christmas everybody!
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Very nice Christmas present, thank you Marcel!

And happy holidays to all :-)

Dave

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

Nicolas Cellier
+1, nice !

but i have found a bug if you move contents of line 2 at end of line 1, so you have an excuse for squeaking during the hollidays ;)

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:15:20AM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi, there. :-)
>
> In the last two days, I had fun with text selections. You can now drag a selection and drop it somewhere in a(nother) text morph --- if you enable the preference "Draggable Text Selections". As usual, hold [SHIFT] for copy, otherwise it will move.
>

> I also changed TransferMorph to make use of UI themes. You might have to rebuilt your themes via "UserInterfaceTheme cleanUp: true" to see the change.
>
> That's all for this year. :-) Merry Christmas everybody!
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Very nice Christmas present, thank you Marcel!

And happy holidays to all :-)

Dave

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

timrowledge

> On 21-12-2017, at 1:15 AM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In the last two days, I had fun with text selections. You can now drag a selection and drop it somewhere in a(nother) text morph

Excellent!

> P.S.: Please forgive my strange mail application to prefix this list with "Hanh Ho Si via". I am still in the process of figuring out how to control it.

Apple keep making their Mail.app more and more annoying. I wish I could find a replacement, though I do have some requirements that I don’t think *anyone* meets.

tim
Useful random insult:- Thinks E=MC^2 is a rap star.

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

marcel.taeumel
Should work now. :)

Best,
Marcel

jrm

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

jrm
If I were to use this preference in a Package, how do I ensure that the preference is set when it is installed by someone?

-jrm

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Should work now. :)

Best,
Marcel

Am 21.12.2017 18:22:56 schrieb Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>:

+1, nice !

but i have found a bug if you move contents of line 2 at end of line 1, so you have an excuse for squeaking during the hollidays ;)

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:15:20AM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi, there. :-)
>
> In the last two days, I had fun with text selections. You can now drag a selection and drop it somewhere in a(nother) text morph --- if you enable the preference "Draggable Text Selections". As usual, hold [SHIFT] for copy, otherwise it will move.
>

> I also changed TransferMorph to make use of UI themes. You might have to rebuilt your themes via "UserInterfaceTheme cleanUp: true" to see the change.
>
> That's all for this year. :-) Merry Christmas everybody!
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Very nice Christmas present, thank you Marcel!

And happy holidays to all :-)

Dave

Re: Text cursor, text selection drag/drop, and drag-transfer morph

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi John-Reed,

On Feb 27, 2018, at 12:01 PM, John-Reed Maffeo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I were to use this preference in a Package, how do I ensure that the preference is set when it is installed by someone?

A simple way is in the package's postscript, editable via the Scripts button in the Monticello browser.