Text presenter autosave features

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

While migrating Grafoscopio from Pharo 6.x to Pharo 7.x., I noticed that
auto save for text fields is not enabled. Previously, when I wrote
something in a text field, the dirty mark in the upper right corner
appeared and if autoAccept was enabled, the text was automatically
saved. Now with Pharo 7.x the dirty mark don't appear at all, and is not
making any auto-saving.

* I see that TextPresenter is the one who is responsible for such text
objects. There is any minimal example I can use to test the proper behavior?

* There is any way to use WelcomeHelp class to get a similar behavior?

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Text presenter autosave features

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

Just a remainder if anyone can help with this...

Thanks,

Offray

On 23/03/19 12:44 p. m., Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While migrating Grafoscopio from Pharo 6.x to Pharo 7.x., I noticed
> that auto save for text fields is not enabled. Previously, when I
> wrote something in a text field, the dirty mark in the upper right
> corner appeared and if autoAccept was enabled, the text was
> automatically saved. Now with Pharo 7.x the dirty mark don't appear at
> all, and is not making any auto-saving.
>
> * I see that TextPresenter is the one who is responsible for such text
> objects. There is any minimal example I can use to test the proper
> behavior?
>
> * There is any way to use WelcomeHelp class to get a similar behavior?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray

Re: Text presenter autosave features

Ben Coman
No guarantees, but it might help if you provided a detailed recipe for anyone to reproduce this.
cheers -ben