TextCollector >> characterLimit Method in visualworks

Jay

TextCollector >> characterLimit Method in visualworks

Jay
Hi,
In Visualworks 5i, there is a method TextCollector >>characterLimit which returns 10000.
I assume that this is returned to ensure that maximum of 10000 characters are allowed to be displayed in the TextCollectorView.
Will it create any problem if i increase this to a higher number for my application?.
Kindly provide your input on this.

Re: TextCollector >> characterLimit Method in visualworks

David Buck-2
I increase it frequently. It's not a problem.

David

Simberon Incorporated
www.simberon.com

Re: TextCollector >> characterLimit Method in visualworks

Jan Weerts
Hi Jay!

I increased it once, but keep in mind that frequent changes to the collected text will result in considerable cpu load for your application. I still have one administrative (rarely used) view in the code, where I am thinking about replacing it with a on demand view due to the high load.

  Jan