TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes

TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes

Fernando olivero
Issue: 2375

Name: System-Text-FernandoOlivero.8
Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 3:22:14 pm

######################################
Issue:  --

Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.588
Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 1:42:04 pm

Re: TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes

Stéphane Ducasse
Tx!!!!
Gaucho man

On May 17, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Issue: 2375
>
> Name: System-Text-FernandoOlivero.8
> Author: FernandoOlivero
> Time: 17 May 2010, 3:22:14 pm
>

> ######################################
> Issue:  --
>
> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.588
> Author: FernandoOlivero
> Time: 17 May 2010, 1:42:04 pm

Re: TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes

Fernando olivero
De nada !

Actually i just published another version of the CodeMorph.
I found no need for subclassing CodeMorph, since the accepting behavior is on the announcements now,  having specific ClassDescriptionMorph and MethodMorph wouldn't be beneficial.
Also removed the dependency with the Shout ( and the styler).

Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.589
Rethought the CodeMorph class hierarchy, removed the subclasses and added CodeMorph class methods for creating
"MethodMorph" and "ClassDefinitionMorph"

Fernando

On May 17, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Tx!!!!
> Gaucho man
>
> On May 17, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>
>> Issue: 2375
>>
>> Name: System-Text-FernandoOlivero.8
>> Author: FernandoOlivero
>> Time: 17 May 2010, 3:22:14 pm
>>

>> ######################################
>> Issue:  --
>>
>> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.588
>> Author: FernandoOlivero
>> Time: 17 May 2010, 1:42:04 pm

About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Fernando olivero
Hi Stef, regarding some recent mails about CodeMorph and Shout dependency i don't know if you got this email.
But i've removed the dependency from Shout and Styler.

I'm still thinking about using Lukas petit parser to do the styling, or separating the Shout package in two different packages.
One that deals with TextMorph and the other just for Styling text.

Fernando

Begin forwarded message:

Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 3:22:14 pm

######################################

Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 1:42:04 pm

Re: About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I forgot it. :( Please add a bug entry else we forgot.

Stef

On May 25, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi Stef, regarding some recent mails about CodeMorph and Shout dependency i don't know if you got this email.
> But i've removed the dependency from Shout and Styler.
>
> I'm still thinking about using Lukas petit parser to do the styling, or separating the Shout package in two different packages.
> One that deals with TextMorph and the other just for Styling text.
>
> Fernando
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Fernando olivero <[hidden email]>
>> Date: May 17, 2010 5:51:30 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes
>>
>> De nada !
>>
>> Actually i just published another version of the CodeMorph.
>> I found no need for subclassing CodeMorph, since the accepting behavior is on the announcements now,  having specific ClassDescriptionMorph and MethodMorph wouldn't be beneficial.
>> Also removed the dependency with the Shout ( and the styler).
>>

>> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.589
>> Rethought the CodeMorph class hierarchy, removed the subclasses and added CodeMorph class methods for creating
>> "MethodMorph" and "ClassDefinitionMorph"
>>

>> Fernando
>>
>> On May 17, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Tx!!!!
>>> Gaucho man

Re: About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Fernando olivero
Oh! my mistake, sorry.
 i will add the bug entry now.

Fernando

On May 25, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> ok I forgot it. :( Please add a bug entry else we forgot.
>
> Stef
>
> On May 25, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef, regarding some recent mails about CodeMorph and Shout dependency i don't know if you got this email.
>> But i've removed the dependency from Shout and Styler.
>>
>> I'm still thinking about using Lukas petit parser to do the styling, or separating the Shout package in two different packages.
>> One that deals with TextMorph and the other just for Styling text.
>>
>> Fernando
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Fernando olivero <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: May 17, 2010 5:51:30 PM GMT+02:00
>>> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] TextEditor and NewTextMorph merges and fixes
>>>
>>> De nada !
>>>
>>> Actually i just published another version of the CodeMorph.
>>> I found no need for subclassing CodeMorph, since the accepting behavior is on the announcements now,  having specific ClassDescriptionMorph and MethodMorph wouldn't be beneficial.
>>> Also removed the dependency with the Shout ( and the styler).
>>>

>>> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.589
>>> Rethought the CodeMorph class hierarchy, removed the subclasses and added CodeMorph class methods for creating
>>> "MethodMorph" and "ClassDefinitionMorph"
>>>

>>> Fernando

Re: About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Stéphane Ducasse
which one I could not find it?

Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 3:22:14 pm

######################################

Author: FernandoOlivero
Time: 17 May 2010, 1:42:04 pm

Re: About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks

On May 27, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:

> issue 2460
>

> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.589
> Rethought the CodeMorph class hierarchy, removed the subclasses and added CodeMorph class methods for
> creating"MethodMorph" and "ClassDefinitionMorph"
>

> Fixed now.
>
> Fernando
>

> On May 26, 2010, at 10:06 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> which one I could not find it?
>>
>> On May 25, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>>
>>> Oh! my mistake, sorry.
>>> i will add the bug entry now.
>>>
>>> Fernando

Re: About CodeMorph and Styler dependency

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
> Name: Morphic-FernandoOlivero.589
> Rethought the CodeMorph class hierarchy, removed the subclasses and added CodeMorph class methods for creating"MethodMorph" and "ClassDefinitionMorph"
> Fixed now.
CodeMorph is still broken in 1.2-12123.  There doesn't seem to be a way to accept changes to the code.  There is the orange "unsaved" triangle, but cmd-s (Mac) and self accept do not save the edits.

Try:
        m := CodeMorph codeOf:  ( Object >> Object selectors anyOne ).
                openInWorld;
                borderWidth: 10;
                margin:10;
                borderColor: Color lightGray;